Norwich City are close to signing FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer for £7million. The 23-year-old Dutch international is a central midfielder who has been compared to Patrick Vieira.
Fer almost joined Everton in the January transfer window, but the signing fell apart when he failed a medical.
Norwich have already signed Dutchman Ricky van Wolfswinkel this summer, and are reportedly close to a deal for Dutch and Ajax central defender Toby Alderweireld.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Norwich set to sign FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer for €8m — 101GG
- Barcelona launch £30m bid for Chelsea’s David Luiz — The Mail
- Manchester City abandon Pepe pursuit — The Telegraph
- Blackpool’s Tom Ince holds talks with Cardiff City — BBC Sport
- Alan Pardew admits he wants Darren Bent and Loic Remy — The Mirror
- Hull City pull out of transfer deal for Burnley striker Charlie Austin — The Independent
- Stevan Jovetic buy-out clause interests Manchester City — The Sun
- Gino Peruzzi has turned down a contract offer from Sunderland — ESPN FC
- Everton close on Victor Moses from Chelsea — The Mail
- Kenwyne Jones likely to be offloaded by Stoke in a bid to raise money for transfers — Telegraph
- Thomas Vermaelen set to miss start of new Premier League season with back injury — The Mail
- Sunderland ready to listen to offers for Jack Colback after he turns down new contract — Independent
- Chelsea set to offer £60m for Wayne Rooney — The Mail
- Giorgos Karagounis pens deal to stay at Fulham — Evening Standard
- Liverpool beat Arsenal to West Brom’s 14-year-old wonderkid Yan Dhanda — The Mail
- Cardiff’s Mark Hudson signs contract extension to delight Malky Mackay — The Mirror
- Gonzalo Higuain feels move to Arsenal has been complicated by Luis Suarez bid — 101GG
- Sunderland set to announce £6m deal for American forward Jozy Altidore — The Independent
- Manchester United hand Robin van Persie extended summer break — Telegraph
- Fenerbahçe after Aston Villa striker Darren Bent — Les Rosbifs
- Everton set to sign Spanish keeper Joel Robles — 101GG
- Fans who paid $2.5k to meet Lionel Messi at match in Chicago left feeling scammed — Dirty Tackle
- David Villa snubbed Spurs ‘despite much higher bid’ — Yahoo Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.