Tottenham Hotspur have completed their first signing of the summer by finalizing a deal to bring Brazilian midfielder Paulinho to White Hart Lane.
The 24-year-old former Corinthians footballer, who was one of the stars of the 2013 Confederations Cup, was being chased by Real Madrid and Inter Milan, but Tottenham Hotspur were able to convince the Brazilian to join the London club.
“I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs,” said Paulinho. “It’s a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham.”
The transfer fee and length of the contract were not disclosed by Spurs.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season