ESPN’s coverage of the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup final between Spain and Brazil was watched by 1.3 million people in the United States. The TV rating for the final was a 1.2, according to Nielsen Company. Note that the ratings are US household ratings.
While it was less than the viewing figures for the final 2009 Confederations Cup match, where 2.5 million people watched the game on ESPN, that year’s final featured the USA against Brazil.
In the third-place match between Italy and Uruguay, which was televised earlier on Sunday, 629,000 people watched the game on ESPN2 compared to the 435,000 people who watched the 2009 third-place match between Spain and South Africa.
Over on Univision, 6.4 million people watched the Spain-Brazil Confederations Cup on the Spanish-language network.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family