Not including today’s semi-final, the first 12 matches of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 on ESPN and ESPN2 were seen by an average audience of 485,000 viewers, an increase of 26 percent in viewers to the 384,000 average who watched the matches during 2009.
The numbers are impressive when you consider that there’s no USA men’s national team like there was four years ago.
Last weekend’s Italy against Brazil match was viewed by 933,000 viewers, which surpassed the previous high in the US for a Confederations Cup match of 801,000 for Italy-USA from 2009.
The top 10 markets for ESPN’s FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013: West Palm Beach (1.0), Richmond (0.9), Miami-Ft. Lauderdale (0.8), San Francisco (0.7), Los Angeles (0.6), Hartford-New Haven (0.6), New York (0.6), Oklahoma City (0.6), Buffalo (0.6) and San Diego (0.6).
With a final on Sunday that will feature Brazil against either Spain or Italy, it’s likely that the 2013 Confederations Cup Final may end up being the most watch Confederations Cup game yet.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Euro glory would make Liverpool the best ever: McManaman
- Liverpool’s Salah eyes Champions League revenge against Real
- Claims stemming from Australia football probe referred to police
- Liverpool eye revenge against Real Madrid in Champions League final rematch
- Chile name Argentine Berizzo as new coach after World Cup qualification failure
- Canada Soccer cancels Iran football friendly: statement
- Paris readies for Liverpool fan invasion
- How to watch Champions League Final for free without cable
- Aston Villa to sign Sevilla defender Diego Carlos
- RB Salzburg midfielder Aaronson joins Leeds