Manchester City have agreed a £34 million deal for Fernandinho, the Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder, says a report.
According to reports, The Mirror is quoting a £22 million transfer fee, while Sky Sports is reporting that the transfer deal is believed to be £34 million.
The 28-year-old arrived at a Manchester hospital earlier today for his medical, and was at Etihad Stadium this afternoon to sign the paperwork to finalize what is rumored to be a £34 million transfer, which will be Manuel Pellegrini‘s second signing of the summer before he’s even joined the club. Jesus Navas is the other signing.
Fernandinho recently helped Shahktar Donetsk win the Ukrainian Premier League title, and played a part in the team reaching the Round of 16 in the 2012-13 UEFA Champions League before being knocked out by eventual runners-up Borussia Dortmund.
Fernandinho is a box-to-box midfielder who has earned several caps for his country, Brazil.
How do you think Fernandinho will adapt to playing in the Premier League?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season