FOX’s live broadcast of the 2013 UEFA Champions Final between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund averaged a 0.9/2 rating with 1.4 million viewers on Saturday, May 25, 2013.
With no Barcelona, Real Madrid or Premier League team in the final, ratings were understandably lower than in 2012 (-18% from 2012’s 1.1/3 rating).
However, according to a FOX Sports spokesperson, Saturday’s soccer telecast on FOX was among the highest-rated soccer events on English language television for the 2013 calendar year, second only to ESPN’s coverage of the World Cup qualifier between the US and Mexico in March.
Out of all of the markets nationwide, Washington DC led the way with a 2.3/7 rating, followed by San Francisco with a 2.1/8 and New York with a 1.8/4 rating.
The match was televised live on the free-to-air FOX network in the United States.
While many of the viewers at home were hoping for an upset win and cheering on Borussia Dortmund, the footprint of that club’s supporters in the United States is nowhere near the fan-base of Bayern Munich, a powerhouse in German soccer.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more