Although the PFA Player of the Year Award won’t be officially announced until Sunday night, The Sun newspaper is reporting that Gareth Bale has won the award and has achieved the honor of winning it for the second time alongside other two-time winners Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo.
If Bale will be announced as the winner, the Welsh midfielder/forward will have beaten fellow nominees Robin van Persie, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Michael Carrick and Luis Suarez.
The winners are selected by fellow professional footballers from across the English leagues.
What do you think about Gareth Bale winning the PFA Player of the Year award? Is it justly deserved, or do you think one of the other nominees should have won it? Voice your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gareth Bale is PFA Player of the Year for 2012-13 — The Sun
- Sir Alex Ferguson suggests Robert Lewandowski move a possibility — The Guardian
- Harry Redknapp says wage inequality has ruined QPR’s team spirit — The Guardian
- Man United would have won the league without Robin van Persie says Wenger — Telegraph
- Ferguson will look to emulate Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund says Gary Neville — The Mail
- 5 players Southampton must sign to chase European football — Sabotage Times
- PSG are trying to get Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal this summer — 101 Great Goals
- Newcastle fans have every right to boo, says anxious Alan Pardew — The Guardian
- Chelsea TV labels Frank Lampard a “former Chelsea player” — Off The Post
- Maynor Figueroa could be out for the rest of the season after he suffered injury — Sky Sports
- Paolo Di Canio promises to take the plunge if Sunderland reach safety — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family