In order to make sure that you have access to 100% of the live Premier League matches that NBC Sports will show next season, it’s time to take action right now!
The days of soccer fans having to pay for online streaming products such as FOX Soccer 2Go are almost over. Beginning this August, soccer fans in the United States will be able to stream, for free with authenticated sign-on, all Premier League matches via NBC’s TV Anywhere product named NBC Sports Live Extra. Streaming devices include the web, iPad, iPhone and Android smartphones.
Just as impressive, NBC Sports announced the launch of Premier League Extra Time, which is a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost to TV providers for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.
However, there’s a catch (not because of anything NBC Sports has done wrong). The challenge with both of the above mentioned services is that your TV provider needs to have an agreement with NBC Sports to provide them to you. Even if your TV provider carries NBC Sports Network, that doesn’t guarantee that they’ll (1) make NBC Sports Live Extra available to you, and (2) have the overflow channels available to bring you Premier League Extra Time. You have to make sure they’ll provide it to you. Otherwise, you could be left stranded when the 2013-14 Premier League season kicks off on August 17, 2013.
To make sure you’ll have NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time, you need to act now. Speak up, contact your TV provider directly and let them know that you want NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time.
To find out how to contact your TV provider, scroll down to the contact information below. Your TV provider won’t know there’s a demand out there unless you take a few minutes to speak up and tell them “I want my NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra.”
As of press time, four TV providers have teamed up with NBC to offer NBC Sports Live Extra. Those are Comcast xFinity TV, Cablevision, Verizon FIOS and Suddenlink.
“I’m thinking that at least 50-60 million of our 85 million [NBC Sports Network subscribers] will have it [by the summer],” said NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus. “I’m hopeful that they’ll all have it. We’re providing it out there [to the providers] at no additional cost. It’s just a matter of bandwidth for the games.”
If your TV provider isn’t one of the above, the only way to make sure that you’ll have access to 100% of the Premier League matches next season is either (1) to switch TV providers, or (2) petition your TV provider and tell them that you demand that they add NBC Sports Live Extra to you and their fellow customers.
Here’s the contact information for many of the major TV providers in the United States:
Bright House Networks:
- Contact form (select your state from the drop-down)
- Live chat (select your state from the drop-down)
- Phone (select your state from the drop-down)
If your TV provider isn’t listed and they’re not one of the ones carrying NBC Sports Live and Premier League Extra Time, post their contact information in the comments thread below.
When contacting your TV provider, be polite but let them know you want NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time from NBC Sports. Oftentimes, your TV provider will (1) respond but won’t give you any concrete details, hoping that their response will satisfy you, (2) try to buy time by saying that they’ll consider their options in the summer, or (3) just ignore you.
It’s important to not give up, and not take no for an answer. If you’re not satisfied with their response, you’re entitled to consider other TV providers who will be more likely to give you what you want.
Best of luck in your outreach to your TV provider. And feel free to tell us what happened in the comments section below so we can see where progress is being made.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Silva says Man City know what he wants amid Barcelona links
- Zamalek president jailed for insulting rival
- Peacock TV wishlist of improvements to enhance streaming service
- ‘Very good’: Werner says Flick encouraged him to return to Leipzig
- Alexis Sanchez joins Marseille after leaving Inter
- CAF launches new Super League to boost clubs
- Qatar World Cup start brought forward to November 20: sources
- Qatar World Cup to start a day early on November 20: sources
- Everton succumb to injuries and lack of talent early on in season
- Where to find the MLS All-Star Game vs. Liga MX on US TV