Manchester United are the winners of the 2012-13 Premier League after convincingly defeating Aston Villa 3-0 at Old Trafford. The latest Premier League triumph is the twentieth English top flight title that the Red Devils have won.
Sitting on 84 points, Manchester United won the title with four matches remaining in the reason. Most of the credit to tonight’s win goes to Robin van Persie who scored three goals against Villa, including one stunning volley that was reminiscent of his goal for Arsenal against Charlton from a few years ago.
After losing the title on the final day of the season last year, Manchester United cruised to a Premier League title this season with convincing victories across the season. United only lost four matches all season — against Everton, Manchester City, Norwich and Tottenham Hotspur.
The next best top flight record in England is held by Liverpool who have won the top flight trophy 18 times.
Congratulations to Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson on a well-deserved 20th top flight title.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season