Connect with us

Chelsea

John Terry Refuses to Shake Hands With FA Chairman David Bernstein

Chelsea’s John Terry refused to shake hands with Football Association Chairman David Bernstein today in a ceremony in London to hand over the UEFA Champions League trophy to the FA.

“It’s a difficult one for me – he went and spoke about me in the court case,” Terry told Sky Sports News, referring to the FA Chairman’s role in Terry’s court case last year where he was cleared of a racism offense but later banned for four matches by the FA.

Bernstein was the person who stripped Terry of the England captaincy after his racism charge.

“I didn’t notice anything,” said Bernstein, regarding Terry refusing to shake hands.  “My relationships with everyone here are really fantastic. I didn’t notice a thing and I think we should talk about more positive things than that sort of nonsense.”

What do you think? Was John Terry correct in refusing to shake Bernstein’s hand, or did Terry refusing to shake Bernstein’s hand show what type of individual Terry is? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
  • Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

12 Comments

12 Comments

1. cheezy

April 20, 2013 at 5:01 am

FA is trash, JT is d man!!!!!!!!

• jtm371

April 20, 2013 at 9:49 am

yeah your right jt is doucheman!

2. Tim Krass

April 20, 2013 at 1:55 am

It’s like the guy is trying to fit in as much BS into one career as he possibly can. What is next on his list? Can’t they get him some help to straighten out his Actions?

3. jtm371

April 19, 2013 at 9:51 pm

john terry is a POS but i guess when he is your POS he doesn’t stink kind of like saurez.

4. PhillySpur

April 19, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Who would want to shake Terry’s hand? He’s nothing but a POS.

• IanCransonsKnees

April 19, 2013 at 5:36 pm

You wouldn’t know which team mates wife/girlfriend his hands had been around.

5. pete jarvis

April 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

captain,,leader,,legend,,,terry had every right not to shake that guys hand,,would you be civil with a guy who sacked you???? we love you john,,cfc forever

• jtm371

April 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm

let me make it easy for you SCREW john terry or should i say dirtbag!

6. Dean Stell

April 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm

This may be a controversial thing to say, but I actually enjoy borish behavior from athletes. I mean, I’m not looking at them to date my daughter or come to my house for dinner. Just don’t be boring. Do something weird or rude or strange. I’d rather he kept his borish behavior to drunken fights or teammates wives and NOT racism, but JT makes fandom more interesting.

On another note, I don’t understand this whole crap about making these guys shake hands all the time. I mean, they don’t like each other….why should they shake? We generally would be better off if we had less passive/aggressive behavior where everyone is polite in public and then savages each other behind closed doors. Hell….let JT and the FA chief have a minor scuffle and settle it.

• Wongo1

April 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Spoken like a true CHAV!!

• Dean Stell

April 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Maybe? I fully admit that I like to watch a good dumpster fire. Here in the US, so many of our athletes are horribly dull OR they are doing horrible things when they are in the news: drunk driving, beating wives, etc.

These guys only entertain us professionally for 90 minutes per week. I want more. Get caught smoking cigarettes on the train. Yell something foul at the opposing manager. Forget basic Biblical stories. I love all of that stuff. It makes the workweek more fun.

• Michael

April 19, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I plead ignorance…what’s a CHAV?