Fulham still has one of the quaintest football grounds in the top flight of England. A close runner-up is Goodison Park, but Fulham sets itself apart by having a much smaller ground with the Cottage nestled in the corner as well as the beautiful Johnny Haynes Stand that runs along the side of the pitch, with its gable — one of the few gables left at a football ground across Britain.
The club last week shared their 1904 plans for the Stevenage Road Stand (now renamed the Johnny Haynes Stand). You can see a hi-res version of the image here, which is much larger and where you can see more detail.
It’s remarkable to think that the same stand remains used 99 years later and has been relatively unchanged in all of that time.
H/T The Original Winger.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV
- Where to find Czech Republic vs. Portugal on US TV
- Where to find Spain vs. Switzerland on US TV
- Where to find Scotland vs. Ireland on US TV
- England relegated from top tier of UEFA Nations League
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged by FA over incident with Everton fan