In a cross between Blue Man Group and Avatar, the bodies of nine Chelsea footballers have been completely painted blue to promote the club’s new home shirt that will be unveiled next month.
The new advertising campaign from adidas features Juan Mata, Fernando Torres, David Luiz, Petr Cech, John Terry, Demba Ba, Eden Hazard, Oscar and Gary Cahill. Each of the players entered a studio and were covered in blue paint. Terry falls backwards into a pile of blue paint. Torres does a bicycle kick in it. Petr Cech even wears his helmet in the blue paint.
Here’s a video from the photo shoot:
For the complete set of photos from this remarkable photo shoot, visit The Daily Mail website.
Meanwhile, if you’re curious about what the new Chelsea home shirt will look like, take a look at these leaked photos.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family