Gareth Bale was stretchered off the pitch tonight after suffering an ankle injury in the 92nd minute of Tottenham’s match against Basel in the Europa League quarter-final.
The collision with the Basel player looked like a harmless 50-50 ball as both players tried to gain possession. But as can be seen from the video and photo below, Bale’s ankle twisted at a 90 degree angle.
To make matters worse for Tottenham, both Williams Gallas and Aaron Lennon limped off the pitch earlier in the match.
According to talkSport, the injury isn’t as bad as first feared. But Bale will have a scan tomorrow to determine the severity of the injury.
“He rolled on his ankle, at the moment there is a lot of pain, but hopefully not as bad as it could have been,” Andre Villas-Boas said.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family