Connect with us

Chelsea

Didier Drogba Is Open to Return to Chelsea; Wants to Bring Mourinho Back With Him

Didier Drogba is open to returning to Chelsea, and would like to bring Jose Mourinho back to Stamford Bridge with him.

Here’s what Drogba said in the lead-up to tomorrow’s UEFA Champions League match between his new side Galatasaray and Real Madrid:

“Let me finish at Galatasaray first and then we will talk about [the possibility of moving to Chelsea]. It would be nice, not just coaching but to help the club. For this club I gave everything and of course they gave it back to me. I feel at home when I go to London. When I go to Chelsea’s training ground I feel like I can walk around with my eyes closed and know where I am going.”

On the topic of The Special One, Drogba was waxing poetically about his former boss:

“I think for the club it is the best solution to bring José back. The fans want him back. He loves Chelsea. Because you want to rebuild a team and to give them the strength we had a few years ago, he could be the right person. He is a winner and is close to the players. He went to Inter and is at Real Madrid but [he] is still talking about Chelsea, so he loves this club.

“I don’t think he has got over Chelsea and they haven’t got over him. When he came he brought success; we won league titles back-to-back with some great football and the only thing he didn’t win was the Champions League. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he might want to come back. It is unfinished business.”

Somehow, I think it’s wishful thinking on Drogba’s part. While there’s no doubt that Drogba has strong ties to Chelsea, I don’t see him returning to Stamford Bridge unless he was in an ambassador capacity, or similar role. The chances of Mourinho returning to manage Chelsea are slim to none. However, with Drogba’s vivid imagination, anything is possible.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
19 Comments

19 Comments

1. terpase samuel derick

July 17, 2013 at 4:54 am

infact chelsea needed jossy and drogba more than the owner in other to take the team to next level.love or not we need him back in the club, seeing him only the victory will be ours

2. shamsuddeen shettima

May 2, 2013 at 9:48 pm

New breath without old breath will breath greed,so we love jose and drogba more than any one,and please benize don’t be selfish to allow chelsea to qualify champion league next season

3. hamza shabani

April 5, 2013 at 5:23 pm

kabisa! that is the fact we need mourinho back for chelsea more success.

4. jimoh nuhu

April 5, 2013 at 9:51 am

any body that say we did not need jose is a lie he is the mbest coach and chelsea need him we need him to come back and Drogba

5. douglass

April 5, 2013 at 5:14 am

Drogba and jose should go to hell. we have won a lot without jose which he fears to do when he was at the bridge. we need a creative coach not jose. drogba has done a lot and we aint need him back. we are now creative team. it will take us some time but we will get there and that is what roman want. roman want the best for the club so jose can not do that. he is only coming back to snatch the cake he forget. not coming back for the future of the players but coming back to steal and deceive Roman. why do he want Michael to be sack? so he may have full access to the club account. fool

6. sunday

April 5, 2013 at 4:56 am

i think is good to give others young players chance not the old one

7. Albert BOATENG

April 5, 2013 at 1:32 am

Mourinho can change the fortunes of Chelsea I wish he comes back to the team he loves most. We the funs are also in love with Mourinho

8. Albert BOATENG

April 5, 2013 at 1:28 am

i pray Droba and Morino came back to Chelsea to rebuild our team

9. Matt

April 5, 2013 at 12:13 am

Yeah, because I’m sure every manager is keen to work for that Russian with an itchy trigger finger.

10. Alex whyte

April 4, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I need Jose back to the club and our players on loan. Drogbo has done more than good for the club, but the younger players must be given chance to do theirs.

11. Michael VR

April 4, 2013 at 10:55 am

Lets have didier and Jose back. I think it would help Chelsea quite a bit.

12. Frill Artist

April 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

He’s done at Chelsea. They should give the younger players a chance.

13. minzawaung

April 3, 2013 at 12:26 pm

i want bring back DIDIER N JOSE

• Anyi

April 4, 2013 at 1:11 am

I’d like Jose. Drogba’s quite far along in years. Younger strikers need be developed. Tht said, he is an astounding player. He’ll probably never be forgotten at the Bridgefor what the UCL he led us to.

14. Oluwagbemiro tunde

April 3, 2013 at 3:05 am

I will love to see jose at chelsea manager

15. Sammy

April 3, 2013 at 12:43 am

“The chances of Mourinho returning to manage Chelsea are slim to none”.

What makes you think so?

• The Gaffer

April 3, 2013 at 6:47 am

If Jose went to Chelsea, he would perceive that as a step back in his career. He keeps on moving up the ladder from Porto to Chelsea to Inter Milan to Real Madrid. I think PSG or Manchester United is the next logical step for him.

• Mario

April 3, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Jose already said he will be going to a club that he has already been to

• Drew

April 8, 2013 at 2:52 am

You think Chelsea is slow rated team. Think again.