Chelsea v Brentford
Stamford Bridge, London
Sunday 17 February, 2013
Chelsea will be looking to complete the job over League One side Brentford after securing a draw in the first game which forced this replay. Brentford have nothing to lose and will take a large following to the ground as this is a London derby.
Chelsea go into this game off the back of an impressive but narrow win away to Sparta Prague in the Europa League. Domestically they have been very good at home in the Premier League with seven wins, just four draws and only two defeats. They are third, just four points behind Manchester City.
Injuries and Suspensions
John Terry may struggle to be fit for this game with a slight recurrence of a knee problem which has plagued him this season. Oriol Romeu remains out of action, also battling a knee problem but surgery means he’s unlikely to feature again for the club this season.
Chelsea are the overwhelming favourites at massive odds of 1/6. Go to https://sports.bwin.com/en/sports/4/betting/football to back these odds.
Brentford will be confident heading into this FA Cup replay because of the way they played in the first match and also due to a win in their last fixture. Brentford hold a League One play-off position and they have been difficult to beat away from home this season with only three defeats.
Injuries and Suspensions
Brentford are unaffected by injuries heading into this match with key players expected to shake off slight problems. They have two players on the verge of domestic bans in Harry Forrester and Harlee Dean. However, both players are expected to feature in this match.
You can get very long odds of 18/1 on Brentford winning this match.
Chelsea v Brentford Statistics
Overall this season Chelsea have a much bigger winning percentage against their draws and defeats with 14 wins, seven draws and just five defeats. They have not struggled to score goals with a total of 55 in the league which is more than Manchester City and Arsenal.
Brentford have only lost five matches out of 31 league games this season which is a superb record. They have conceded 32 goals in total which will be a slight concern for their manager.
Head to Head
This London derby has taken place five times at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea winning four matches and one ending in a draw. The last time this fixture took place at the Bridge was in the 1946/1947 season with a 3-2 win for Chelsea.
Chelsea lost their opening match of the month away to Newcastle United but since then they have secured back-to-back wins. They lost two matches at home in January to Swansea City and Queens Park Rangers.
Brentford have a digit in every column this month with a win, a draw and a defeat. They did not finish January well with a defeat to Tranmere Rovers, a draw at home against Leyton Orient, but that does include the impressive draw against Chelsea.
Chelsea v Brentford Prediction
Chelsea are likely to make changes with this match so close to their last but they should be far too strong in front of their home fans. Brentford will be up for it but expect a big gulf in class and quality.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Brentford
This score is available with the bookies at 13/2.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family