Recently on The Daily EPL, we shared a league table with you that shows the depth chart between clubs in the Premier League based on the number of points they’ve racked up so far this season, instead of the conventional league table.
Now FinancialFairPlay.co.uk has published a depth chart that also shows who are this Premier League season’s underachievers and overachievers based on where they are in the table compared to the wages that they’ve spent. Here it is:
Looking at the table, you can see the underachievers — those clubs who have spent high sums on wages but are punching below their weight — include Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, QPR and Aston Villa.
Meanwhile, those clubs who are punching above their weight include Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Southampton and Swansea.
Take a lot at the chart and share any interesting observations you see in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Wage and the Premier League scaled table — Financial Fair Play
- Jack Wilshere expected to be fit for Arsenal’s match with Bayern Munich — The Guardian
- Arsenal defender Andre Santos completes loan move to Brazil — The Independent
- Revealed! Daily Mail scores own goal over Chelsea scouting dossier — The Guardian
- Swansea striker Itay Shechter blocked from entering Dubai because he’s an Israeli — Evening Post
- Has the Premier League title ever been surrendered so pathetically? — The Independent
- Deal for West Ham United to move into the Olympic Stadium is near — Football Economy
- Florent Malouda has ridiculed the Premier League club for his ongoing exile — Sky Sports
- Rickie Lambert tells Southampton he wants to stay at St Mary’s — The Independent
- Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland frozen out by manager Paul Lambert — The Telegraph
- Anzhi director: QPR ‘out of their minds’ to pay Christopher Samba fee — The Guardian
- Wolves sign defender Kaspars Gorkss on loan from Premier League Reading — BBC Sport
- Telegraph’s Paul Kelso gets new job with Sky News — Sports Journalists’ Association
- Alex Ferguson will bring tactical nous as well as motivation to Madrid — The Guardian
- Jermain Defoe arrested during death threats investigation — The Mail
- Can Manchester United keep a leash on Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo? — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season