Brilliant artist Dan Leydon, whose work has been featured in The Guardian, has released his latest masterpiece. And this time it’s an illustration of Arsenal’s number 10, Jack Wilshere.
The beautifully designed illustration features Wilshere in mid-stride, with the ball knocked on in front of his path. “Super Jacky Wilshere,” splendid in his Arsenal home kit, is a certainly a work of art. And even if you’re not an Arsenal supporter, you can’t deny that this is a beautiful piece of art.
“I’ve been asked so much and for so long to make an illustration of Jack Wilshere I just had to,” said Leydon. “The guy is perfectly poised to excel in the game as it is at the moment. His build, dynamism, vision and tenacity mark him out as an outstanding footballer. He’s Arsenal through and through and I showed that by having the Arsenal cannon in the stars. Also his number is spelt out by the London cityscape. Oh and he’ll be captain soon!”
Prints of Leydon’s illustration are available for sale through Etsy.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season