Connect with us

Arsenal

January Transfer Window Deadline Day Signings: Open Thread

2:42pm: Peter Odemwingie has arrived outside Loftus Road in hopes of securing a deal to QPR.

2:20pm: Jerome Thomas could be heading to Blackburn Rovers (Sky Sports)

1:35pm: Peter Odemwingie‘s transfer to QPR is at a standstill due to QPR not wanting Junior Hoilett to move from QPR to the Hawthorns (Sky Sports)

West Ham United

5:56pm: Goalkeeper Stephen Henderson has returned to Ipswich on loan (West Ham United)

5:03pm: Mohamed Diame is staying at West Ham United (Sky Sports)

4:05pm: Alou Diarra has joined Rennes on loan for the remainder of the season (Sky Sports)

3:27pm: An unnamed Premier League club has made an offer for Mohamed Diame, which has triggered a release clause in his contract (Sky Sports)

3:06pm: Mohamed Diame expected to remain at West Ham despite interest from Arsenal and Tottenham

9:30am: Bordeaux have confirmed West Ham forward Modibo Maiga will not now be joining the club on loan this month (Sky Sports)

Wigan Athletic

9:30am: Wigan have agreed a fee with Barnsley for defender John Stones (Sky Sports)

9:25am: Wigan have confirmed the signing of Paul Scharner on loan from Hamburg for the rest of the season (The Independent)

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more

Pages: 1 2

26 Comments

26 Comments

1. jtm371

January 31, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Dust
    Have a great time in Vegas hope you take some green back with you.

2. Matt

January 31, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Pretty underwhelming day in all honesty, Arsenal made a good signing in Monreal

3. kyle

January 31, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Only Arsenal did good business on the last day. Not much elsewhere.

4. M owen

January 31, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Ian ayre spotted in blackpoo trying to get to Ince negotiations

5. Henry

January 31, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Peter Odemwingie is having a medical at QPR. So he gets his wish to join QPR. QPR might send a player or two to West Brom as part of this deal. We’ll have to wait and see.

• M owen

January 31, 2013 at 2:56 pm

hahaha QPR will send bosingwa to WBA.

After this transfer window just how many player are in QPR’s books?

Mark Hughes screwed them royally…feel sorry for their fans.

• Craig B

January 31, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Unfortunately yes he did…

• IanCransonsKnees

January 31, 2013 at 5:00 pm

He hasn’t got permission to speak to QPR. He’s sat outside the ground according to Talksport and SSN.

6. Jonathan

January 31, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Yes! The Gunners don’t have to suffer through weeks of Santos!

7. M owen

January 31, 2013 at 2:07 pm

The most boring day for an LFC fan everrr…Sigh!!! gone is the excitement and thrill of summer deadline day 😉

I do hope we get Ince in but not looking likely for it to happen. I don’t understand Blackpool holding out and letting him go for tribunal fee.

• Dave

January 31, 2013 at 4:01 pm

And how many goals has Daniel Sturridge scored for Liverpool this month? Quit yer whinging.

• M owen

January 31, 2013 at 4:10 pm

chill mate,it was a joke…see the smiley face on my comment.

8. krazymunky

January 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm

according to Dale Johnson of Soccernet “Spanish newspaper AS say Nacho Monreal, the Malaga and Spain left-back, has travelled to London to complete a €10 million move to Arsenal.”

9. Guy

January 31, 2013 at 11:17 am

IMO, much ado about nothing. Reference my article from December:

Other than Cisse, it is difficult to find any recent Jan. transfer who made a substantial difference (in before/after league standing) to his club. That is not to say some haven’t come good in the end.

• FCAsheville

January 31, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Think Sturridge and Coutinho could make a difference at LFC this season if the whole team gets their mentality straightened out.

• Guy

January 31, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Time will tell, but that last phrase is a big ask. 😉

I like the two additions. Now, if you can make up 6 points on the field….. 🙂

10. Sammy

January 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

Blah… Danny Graham left for Sunderland, will be missed at Swansea I guess

11. Sammy

January 31, 2013 at 11:04 am

Will Arsenal be buying anyone? That is the question.

• Henry

January 31, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Yes, Arsenal are buying a left back from Malaga, Nacho Monreal. He is a really good talent. He is much better than Gibbs or Santos. For 10 million Euros it’s very good business.

• Sammy

February 1, 2013 at 1:51 am

Malaga again? Well, that’s interesting. I hope he really is better than Santos and Gibbs.

Anyway, anyone have any idea why my comment got so many thumbs down?

12. IanCransonsKnees

January 31, 2013 at 10:55 am

Mmmm Queen of The Moorlands Whisky courtesy of a Manc 😉 Jack Butland’s the first part of the puzzle getting my bet in with MUFC1977.

Be nice to see Crouch back with the Spiv at QPR.

• Mufc77

January 31, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Keep dreaming. You may sell him but it won’t be to UTD.

13. FCAsheville

January 31, 2013 at 10:39 am

LFC: Can’t wait to hear who’s wife/gf Doni shagged!

14. Dust

January 31, 2013 at 10:09 am

First of all, nice to have an open thread, I don’t remember there being one last jan on deadline day.

I’m in Vegas kind of apt given the nature of the transfer window I think. QPR currently lead the count in busted flush’s…wow if they don’t stay up they could be in real trouble, I think they could put out 3 1st 11’s with the amount of players they have.

Anyways… On my timeline yesterday (21 hours ago in fact) new controversial acquisition ezekyl fryers tweeted “@andros_townsend how’s the ankle bro?” So based on that I’m not sure why the loan rumors even started 6 hours ago?

I’m sick of the Damiao link, even if we did buy him now for the obviously over inflated price that everyone pay for most players, he couldn’t play right away, so what would be the point?

The only viable option is a player that has been shopped around by his club, has a proven GD record & is local’ish so could play within a few days of signing…. That player would be …Negredo…. The later levy leaves it the better the price will be for spurs depending who else goes in for him. I’m sure levy will throw in a “hey you can have the proceeds of a friendly too” as a sweetener to the fiscally challenged club.

Apart from that I see no one coming in, I hope I see plenty going out, THud, Jenas, Bentley, Gomes.

Anyways… Shower, breakfast maybe a power nap & its back to the tables.

Oh… After Bales wonder goal yesterday I took it as a sign and put a hundred on 11 on roulette… It didn’t win which is fitting I guess as neither did we yesterday. I think I’ll just stick to poker & craps.

• The Gaffer

January 31, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Dust, have a great time in Vegas! You missed all of the fun during the last transfer window at http://epltalk.com/2012/08/31/premier-league-transfer-window-deadline-day-signings-open-thread/

• Dust

January 31, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Thanks Gaffer,

It’s been a blast, the more I think about it the more I’m not that concerned about not getting a striker in this window.

Looks like I was right about no damiao and this being more about getting fringe players out and getting potential talent more experience.

There are different ways to motivate players, certainly competition at positions is one way but its not e only way. I think AVB saying to the players we have hey, I tuts you, we need you to perform, I believe you can do it. Is still a lot of pressure but also encouraging as he believes they will be able to deliver.

COYS