I am the first to admit that comparative tables prove absolutely nothing when it comes to the EPL, but that doesn’t stop me from creating them and pondering over the results. After Wednesday’s matches, it occurred to me to take a look at last season at this time, 14 matches in. The table below shows total points at that juncture. Keep in mind that Wolves had 14, Rovers 10 and Bolton 9.
Take a look and tell me what you think. The only teams ahead of themselves from last year are WBA (+11), Everton (+6), Swansea (+6), Wigan (+5), Fulham (+2), Sunderland (+2) and Stoke (+1). Man Utd, with 33, and Norwich, with 16, are right where they were. Everyone else is in negative territory to varying degrees.
Points after 14 matches:
Is there anything in the tea leaves? Last year 37 points kept you up. What will it take this year? Transfer window aside, which teams have the potential to pick up the pace? Will someone collapse a la Wolves? Can Harry pull a miracle?
Share your opinions in the comments section below.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ