Today’s two matches in the Premier League feature Reading against Queens Park Rangers followed by Liverpool against Newcastle United. But, in many ways, it’s Mark Hughes versus Brian McDermott leading into Brendan Rodgers against Alan Pardew.
Pardew is the safe one on the block, but QPR manager Mark Hughes is under tremendous pressure to avoid the sack, while Reading manager Brian McDermott will want to get a minimum of a point today after two painful losses during the past week. Equally, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will want to put his home defeat against Swansea out of his mind by getting a much-needed win today against a Newcastle United side that hasn’t won at Anfield in yonks.
Here’s QPR’s starting line-up: Cesar, Diakite, Traore, Ferdinand, Cisse, Taarabt, Mackie, Granero, Nelsen, Bosingwa, Hoilett.
Here’s Reading’s lineup: McCarthy, Gunter, Shorey, Leigertwood, Hunt, McAnuff, McCleary, Morrison, Tabb, Gorkss, Roberts.
It should be a great day of football. Follow the conversation in the comments thread below.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season