Today, EPL Talk celebrates seven years of bringing you soccer coverage.
The independent website began life in early November, 2005. Since then, we’ve been through a lot. We launched a print magazine in 2006 as well as our EPL Talk Podcast (which is still running). In 2007, we launched the first-ever soccer vodcast. And the site has continued to prosper and grow over the years as the chart below illustrates, which shows web traffic to the site from 2005 to 2012 (the five peaks, interestingly, are the end of each Premier League season).
From 2005 through September 2012, we’ve had 11.6 million unique visitors, more than 129,000 comments posted and we’ve published more than 8,900 articles.
But all of this wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for you. I’d like to thank you, the readers, for your loyalty and incredible community that you’ve built. I hope you agree that the discussions in the comments are intelligent and feature good debates that are difficult to find on other sites. And again, I’d like to personally thank you for that.
I’d also like to thank all of the contributors who make the articles and podcasts possible. Since 2005, we’ve had 330 different writers share their opinions and well-researched articles with you. The list is too long to name each writer, but I’m eternally grateful for all of their hard work.
In a conversation I had recently with a friend in the industry, he said he was particularly interested in seeing how EPL Talk will continue to grow and innovate in the future. I’ve always tried to differentiate EPL Talk so you get coverage here that you won’t find elsewhere. And as the years have gone by, it’s getting harder to differentiate as the media giants (FOX, ESPN, The Guardian, etc) expand their coverage to include blogs and podcasts. However, I do have plenty of ideas to keep everything fresh, interesting and remarkable, so stay tuned.
Again, thank you for your patronage. Thank you for telling your friends about us and sharing our articles and podcasts on social media.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family