Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

FIFA 13 With Kinect Demo: Ready To Swear At Referees? [VIDEO]

FIFA 13 with Kinect enables you to use voice commands to manage your club’s line-up and tactics without pausing the game, shout directions on the pitch in Be A Pro, and forces you to temper the way you talk to officials.

Listen to Ian Jarvis, FIFA 13 Producer, talk through the features of FIFA 13 with Kinect.

In the above preview, I really like the way the Kinect functionality will improve the FIFA series. Making substitutions or changing formations without having to stop the game is certainly going to make the game easier to play, and faster.

So far, so good. The Kinect functionality looks promising. Hopefully the voice commands work as well as they do in this demo. I’ve experienced tough times with other games not recognizing the voice commands via Kinect.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
  • Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
  • Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more

9 Comments

9 Comments

1. josh

November 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm

i have a big problem with kinect, it doesnt understand when im trying to make a change during a game and i say striker. it understands defender, midfielder and pretty much everything else but not striker. any ideas why?

2. Simon

October 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Can you use the voice kinnect feature on FIFA 13 on 2 player games..?

3. Kane

September 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I haven’t played kinect yet but I hope to do so in a few hours hope I will have a good experience

4. Si

September 27, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Kinect is good for voice controls but there is a big problem I got sacked 4 times for swearing even tho I didn’t swear it was my 11 month old girl crying ! Now play with it off as it really dies annoy me!

5. Christian

July 25, 2012 at 8:08 am

I love the FIFA series but instead of working on glossy fixes they should dedicate themselves to working on wonky player AI and fixing the franchise mode. That said I’ll have my copy day one and spend way too much time playing FIFA again this year.

6. CTBlues

July 24, 2012 at 3:00 pm

The Kinect is aweful.

7. Ryan

July 24, 2012 at 11:44 am

Why can’t this just work with a headset? Why do I have to buy a $100 kinect?

• The Gaffer

July 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Great question, Ryan. Maybe one of the other readers can answer it, but it’s easier for EA to incorporate Kinect voice recognition technology instead of building their own.

• Frill Artist

July 24, 2012 at 1:43 pm

A headset isn’t the hardware that processes the voice. It is received on the Kinect and transcribed by either it or the Xbox. Not sure.