Newcastle United today unveiled their new home shirt for the 2012-13 season.
The Tyneside club wore their new home kit for the first time in a friendly, which they lost 1-0 in Germany against third division side Chemnitzer.
Newcastle’s new home shirt is designed by Puma, and features the famous black and white stripes that Newcastle United have won for decades. Instead of the racing-car stripe design that Newcastle wore last season, the club and Puma have returned to a more traditional design. The differences are that the collar is white, while the Puma logo appears to be in gold.
Overall, I like the design of the new Newcastle United home shirt, but it does remind me more of Juventus than previous Newcastle United shirt designs.
It’s clean, classy and should be a big hit at St. James’s Park this season.
What are your thoughts regarding Newcastle’s new home kit?
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family