The group stage of Euro 2012 is over, and it’s time to take a pause to see how everyone is doing on the pre-Euro 2012 predictions. If you remember, we asked you — the readers — to make your predictions about who would qualify from each group, and in which position.
From the first round, three points were awarded if you got the team position correct. If you correctly predicted a team would escape the group stage, but got their position incorrect, you received two points. If you predicted a wrong team to qualify, you received zero points.
I then averaged the numbers of points to get the following results, thus far in the tournament:
First, here are the results thus far from the experts:
As you can see, Michael Ballack has been winning a lot of fans with his analysis, but his predictions currently leave much to be desired.
And here are the results so far from you, the readers of EPL Talk:
To make it fair, we’ve combined the experts and readers together so you can see how the readers did against the experts. And, as you can see below, Paolo Bandini from The Guardian is leading the pack, followed closely by Alexi Lalas.
Now, a very important point to make is that I didn’t receive predictions for every group, from every pundit. As a result, their average score was higher than many of their opponents because they predicted fewer groups. So, I went ahead and removed any of the experts who didn’t provide complete predictions.
We then can see how everyone is doing against each other, fairly. And as you can see below, EPL Talk reader Matt is leading the pack!
After the tournament is over, I’ll provide a final table so you can see if you beat the experts.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family