During the G8 Summit this weekend at Camp David in Maryland, several leaders of the world took a break to watch the UEFA Champions League Final.
In an official photograph released by The White House, US President Barack Obama can be seen with his mouth wide open during the penalty kicks, presumably when Chelsea’s Didier Drogba scored the winner. Alongside President Obama is British Prime Minister David Cameron with arms raised in victory, while German Chancellor Angela Merkel stands in shock after Bayern Munich lost.
As far as we know, this is the first time that a sitting US President has watched a Champions League Final. And since the G8 Summit was held in Maryland, President Obama and the other leaders must have been watching FOX’s broadcast of the Chelsea-Bayern Munich match.
Thanks to EPL Talk reader Todd for the news tip.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache