FOX’s taped broadcast of Chelsea against Liverpool drew an overnight TV rating that nearly doubled the rating for ESPN’s primetime MLS Cup on Sunday, according to a USA Today report.
Chelsea against Liverpool got a 1.5 overnight, which translates to 1.5% of households while LA Galaxy against Houston earned a 0.8 overnight rating (much improved from last year’s 0.5 rating for Colorado Rapids against FC Dallas).
FOX’s overnight TV rating doesn’t factor in the number of viewers who also watched the game live on FOX Soccer and FOX Deportes.
The tape-delayed broadcast of the Premier League game was shown in most markets at 4:30pm or 2pm ET, while the 2011 MLS Cup was shown in primetime beginning at 9pm ET.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season