FOX’s broadcast of the Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal was watched by a TV audience of more than 2.1 million across FOX, FOX Soccer and FOX Deportes combined.
Interestingly, when compared to the TV audience numbers for the September 18 game between Manchester United and Chelsea, the TV viewing numbers for Spurs versus Arsenal were greater on FOX, but slightly down on FOX Soccer and FOX Deportes. This isn’t surprising as both Manchester United and Chelsea have larger fanbases in the United States than Spurs and Arsenal. However, it’s still very encouraging news that the TV viewing numbers on FOX are increasing.
The October 2nd delayed broadcast on FOX scored a 1.1 household rating and attracted 1,626,000 viewers, a +10% rating and +1% audience increase over the Manchester United vs Chelsea broadcast on Sept. 18 (1.0, 1,611,000), and came within 1,000 viewers of equaling the 2010 UEFA Champions League Final on FOX (1,627,000). The FOX Premier League re-air delivered more total viewers than several televised sports events on competing networks last weekend.
Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Arsenal broke the 2 million viewer level again, delivering a combined audience of 2,127,000 on FOX, FOX Soccer and FOX Deportes on Sunday, -16% compared to the combined Manchester United – Chelsea audience (2.5 million). FOX Soccer’s live coverage recorded a .5 coverage area rating (301,000 viewers), while the live Spanish-language telecast on FOX Deportes drew a 2.1 CAR, with 200,000 total viewers.
New Orleans, for the second time in a row, was the top market in the United States for the broadcast of the game on FOX. The top-10 markets for FOX Sports’ taped-delayed broadcast: New Orleans – 7.5; Kansas City – 3.2; Las Vegas – 2.8; Dallas – 2.7; Jacksonville – 2.6; Austin – 2.5; Detroit – 2.4; Greensboro – 2.4; San Antonio – 2.4; and Washington, D.C. – 2.3.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family