On a day when Plymouth Argyle players are considering going on strike because they haven’t been paid in ages, it’s a breath of fresh air to hear about a feel-good story for a change.
Manchester City have been making inroads into Sierra Leone, a country that is the twelfth-lowest-ranked country on the Human Development Index and eighth-lowest on the Human Poverty Index. City have established a network of supporters groups in the country, and have been working with Umbro to give much-needed soccer equipment to many of these impoverished people.
Watch the video to learn more about Umbro’s donations as well as to watch a video of former Manchester City player Paul Lake, who is an ambassador for the club.
Hats off to Umbro and Manchester City for doing good deeds in a country where former City player Craig Bellamy has a soccer academy.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season