The Championship is one of the most difficult leagues to predict in English football, with 24 fairly even matched teams vying for promotion to the Premier League, who will prevail is anyones guess.
The Championship betting odds being offered by bookmakers are a barometer of expectations for sides in the league, these may not be accurate but act as almost a global opinion poll on the views of the betting public.
The market shows that there are two clear favourites in West Ham and Leicester for promotion and the title but that whilst both are strongly fancied for promotion there is little belief that either is predestined to run away with the title itself.
The grouping of the odds is significant, in the Premier League the least fancied side is 5000/1 to win the title, in the Championship the odds of this team winning the league are just 100/1.
This shows that although sides such as Barnsley and Doncaster are amongst the relegation favourites it is not seen as impossible for them to surprise people and win the league.
Odds to Gain Promotion
The key analysis of the promotion race is that no one can be backed with any certainty, with the two automatic places and the playoff route to promotion any of the top six sides could be promoted, meaning that almost every side in the league is considered in with a shot.
Apologies if this is not cutting analysis but this league is so difficult to predict.
If you do bet I reckon pick an outsider it is always more rewarding when you back an outsider and they win than when you back a side you expect.
Whatever you do it should be an exciting season.
Note: These figures were provided by www.betfred.com however may vary at other bookmakers and no payment was made to ChampionshipTalk in providing these odds.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family