Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Queens Park Rangers Third Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Photo

Queens Park Rangers have revealed their third shirt for the 2011-12 Premier League season.

The London club has revealed the above photograph featuring new signing Jay Bothroyd sporting the distinctive shirt design. Created by Lotto, QPR’s third shirt is inspired from the R’s 1974-75 campaign when the club were enjoying a purple patch in their history.

According to the club website, the new shirt “is characterised by large white and red squares on both the front and back sides of the jersey. The collar is white and pearl grey, while the sleeves’ edges are red.”

A shirt sponsor hasn’t been selected yet, so it’s going to be a while before the shirt is available to buy, with QPR promising it’ll be no later than September 30, 2011.

What do you think of the design? Click the comments link below to share your opinion.

And for the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Matthew

July 30, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I have to say I like it is different and I like to see that in kits. If I was a QPR supporter I think I would get one. If I had a choice I prefer blue over red but understand the reasons behind the selection. I might get one anyways.

2. Chris P.

July 29, 2011 at 1:21 pm

For a third kit…this shirt is kind of badass. I plan to place an order.

• Beatrice

August 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm

This is way better than a brick & mortar esatbilshmnet.

3. Nelson

July 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

The only thing worse than the shirt is the guy wearing it. Are those man-boobs? I hope it is just the angle because he appears to have the chest and waistline of a 50 year old woman.

• Dave C

July 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

My point exactly – the shirt seems to make his shoulders appear slumped and narrow, his waist seem blobby, and his chest look like man-boobs. And this is a professional sportsman. Imagine how your typical fan is going to look in this.

4. Jason Gatties

July 29, 2011 at 7:32 am

F… QPR

5. Majestinius

July 28, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Very Medieval Times, sorta like it

6. Lyle

July 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Looks awesome to me for a third kit.

7. Taylor

July 28, 2011 at 7:13 pm

If the jersey had just been white and red squares, I think it would have been a huge success just because of its bold, minimalist, and yet somehow traditional feel.

The diagonal line across the top completely ruins it, though. Reminiscent of a Roman toga or a fancy dress.

Why are so many Premier League clubs obsessed with these sorts of diagonal lines this year? They look hideous almost without exception.

8. Nate

July 28, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Croatia rip off.

9. Dave C

July 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Oh wow, this is pure hideous. The red and white squares could have been a bold choice on their own (albeit potentially too bold), but in conjunction with the diagonal white section at the top, it’s just horrendous.

And I’m not sure if it’s a visual effect caused by that diagonal white section, or something to do with the cut of the shirt, but it looks like the guy has moobs. And if it makes a rake-thin pro athlete look like he has moobs, imagine how it will look on your typical lardy fan.