In Sunday’s preseason friendly between Manchester City and LA Galaxy, with City in the lead 1-0, star striker Mario Balotelli was one-on-one with the goalkeeper. All that was needed was a simple tap-in and it would have been 2-0 to the Premier League side. But Balotelli never does things easy, so he created a lovely backheel and knocked the ball toward goal. Except he missed the mark and it ended as a goal kick for the MLS side.
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini was so enraged by Balotelli’s indiscretion that he immediately substituted the Italian striker and gave him a mouthful when he came off to the side of the pitch.
But what do you think? Did Mancini overreact? Obviously Balotelli was just trying to have some fun and was doing some showboating skills. City went on to draw the meaningless match 1-1 (and won on penalty kicks). Or did Balotelli overstep his boundaries and should have given LA Galaxy more respect by trying to score instead of entertaining himself (and the crowd)?
Share your opinion in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Frankfurt ready to rock Rangers in Seville under Borre’s influence
- Late goal spree takes Moroccan club Berkane to CAF Cup final
- Brentford duo report racist abuse of family at Everton
- Mbappe says decision ‘almost’ made over PSG future
- Martinez brace ensures Inter take title race to final week
- Suarez bids Atletico farewell as Sevilla qualify for Champions League
- Sevilla draw with Atletico to qualify for Champions League
- Orlando Pirates reach CAF Cup final despite shock home defeat
- What is the best soccer game you have watched?
- Pochettino says French title ‘not enough’ but PSG can rebuild