Everton FC opened their 2011 American Tour by squaring off against Major League Soccer’s Philadelphia Union on Wednesday night. The match featured a number of the first team Toffees playing a full 90 minutes in a sweltering bowl of heat and humidity, including captain Phil Neville, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, John Heitinga (only cut short by a second yellow), and Seamus Coleman, who was stationed at right back for the first half. It was a great tuneup in adverse conditions, even though the home squad picked up a late goal from youngster Christian Hernandez to seize the victory, 1-0.
For more about this match, follow this link to our sister site MLSTalk.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season