While most of the attention today will be on Manchester United’s opening game of their US summer tour against New England Revolution (ESPN2, 8pm ET), many of us may not have realized that West Bromwich Albion were the first Premier League club to play a preseason friendly this summer when they played yesterday against San Jose Earthquakes in California.
West Brom lost the match 2-1 in front of 6,872 spectators, but the most talked about incident from the match came in the third minute when San Jose Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham collected the ball in his area and then booted it down the pitch where it bounced in front of West Brom goalkeeper Boaz Myhill and into the goal to make it one-nil to San Jose (see above video).
West Brom’s next friendly is against Ventura County Fusion on July 17. I have a feeling that Myhill will be standing closer to his goal-line in that match!
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family