Connect with us

General

EA Sports Previews FIFA 12’s New Player Impact Engine: Video

We’ve heard a lot of talk already about the improved Player Impact Engine which will debut in FIFA 12 on September 27 in the US and September in Europe, but what does the addition of “real world physicality” really mean in a video game?

In the above video, FIFA 12’s Lead Gameplay Producer Aaron McHardy shows several examples of the dramatic differences between the Player Impact Engine in FIFA 12 compared to FIFA 11. Not only do the tackles look more authentic, but so too does the contact between the colliding players are more.

In other news, Andy Gray will not be the co-commentator for FIFA 12. Joining lead commentator Martin Tyler will be co-commentator Alan Smith instead. FIFA 12 will also feature a second commentary team. Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend will share the mic for tournament gameplay.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
16 Comments

16 Comments

1. felix

July 15, 2011 at 8:14 am

nie kupujcie polskiej wersji!!!

2. LM10

July 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I would rather have Ian Darke, or Ruud Gullit, or, above all else, RAY HUDSON 😀

3. Dan

July 6, 2011 at 10:47 am

pretty sure this video has been out for near of a month. Wish people would stop cluttering up google with re-posts, it makes it harder to find actual news

• The Gaffer

July 6, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Dan, the video was released yesterday by EA Sports. It’s brand new.

• Brad

July 6, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Gaffer, while EA Sports might have just released it on their site, the video has been out for a while. If you scroll down on this link you will see that it was posted on Fifa Soccer Blog a few weeks ago (June 17th):

I appreciate the Fifa 12 updates but this video is definitely not brand new. I also recommend fifasoccerblog.com for anyone looking for up to the date FIFA 12 news. They always have new info right when it becomes available.

• The Gaffer

July 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Thanks for the clarification Brad.

• Keith

July 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Dan if your desperate for FIFA 12 news why not RSS feed a blog that talks about it.

Grow up. Sorry it took you 2 seconds to click the back button.

4. Cesar

July 6, 2011 at 9:31 am

HA! You think the announcers for EPL matches are bad try watching La Liga on GolTV. The Barcelona bias is excruciatingly painful especially from Ray Hudson who must wear blaugrana undies.

• [OPTI]Madschester United

July 6, 2011 at 1:10 pm

GolTV commentary is so bad, I switch to Spanish just for the effect (I don’t understand spanish).

“MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIII…..”
      “This is WORLD CLASS from Barca…”

It makes me vomit…

5. Connor

July 6, 2011 at 9:15 am

Should have been Chris Coleman.

6. Marc

July 6, 2011 at 8:00 am

Just bought a 360 just for this game. Can’t wait until it comes out. No more Fifa on the Wii for me.

• Edikan

July 6, 2011 at 8:40 am

Was that actually fun?

• Marc

July 6, 2011 at 9:04 am

Fifa 09 was the last version I bought for the Wii. It was pretty good. I still play it with my 5 year old son.

7. Andrew

July 6, 2011 at 6:13 am

I can’t even put into words how disappointing it is that Alan Smith will be in FIFA. I wonder how long it’ll be before I get sick of Tyldesley and Townsend and switch to Arabic or some other language I don’t speak. I’m guessing Tyldesley and Townsend will be mostly recycled commentary from their last few appearances in EA games, and while it’s nice that Martin Tyler will finally have a few new lines, I do wonder if Alan Smith’s grating voice and bias against any non-London team will come through as clearly in game as it does on his television broadcasts.

All in all, not a big complaint, I suppose. After all, I play the game for the gameplay, not the commentators. But it would be nice to have ones that I actually like other than Martin Tyler.

• Edikan

July 6, 2011 at 7:57 am

I would really like if they got Ian Darke. I love his commentating. It adds as well as brings more excitement to the game. Alan Smith = boring. Though it will be an interesting change.

• Lars

July 6, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I normally turn off the commentators after a couple of days of play…Or, once they’ve cycled through all their repertoire of sayings.