Like parents watching their children grow up and leave the house for the first time it is with great pride, joy and a tinge of sadness that ChampionshipTalk must say goodbye to the promoted sides from the Championship.
It is time to say farewell to Norwich, QPR and Swansea, as these teams can now proudly call themselves residents of the Premier League.
We would like to leave you with our best wishes and some friendly advice on what to expect in the next 12 months to help make sure you do not return with your pockets empty and tail between your legs.
The most important thing is to enjoy yourselves, after years of scrapping in the Football League you have made it to the nation’s top table.
Enjoy travelling to places like Old Trafford and the Emirates but make sure you are not overawed, there is nothing worse than the manager taking pictures for the scrapbook from the dugout.
If you have not been in the Premier League before (Swansea) you may find it a little overwhelming, but you will soon get used to the gaze of the football world being on you.
You may even enjoy the constant interviews, attention and spotlight just don’t forget to express yourselves and remember where you came from.
Fix Up Look Sharp
With the spotlight on the club and more than a few additional local hitchhikers looking to join your adventure now is the time to spend some of the additional revenue you will receive to make a good impression.
A lick of paint never goes amiss, maybe some fancier biscuits for the Directors and the media (biscuits go a long way). Or if you have the space, try and squeeze a few extra seats in when no one is looking (Norwich) or renovate your existing facilities.
Don’t Spend All Your Money At Once
The summer will feel like all your Christmas’ coming at once. No doubt you will be making your transfer wish list, but make sure you check it twice and avoid the urge to spend all your money at once.
I would like to urge caution and balance and remind you that whilst you need to spend, what looks like a must have Uruguayan striker with bags of potential today, can quite easily turn into next seasons glorified ball boy holding a ticket to administration.
Don’t Come Back
Finally we just want to wish you luck, we know that you have the potential to upset the apple cart and establish yourself at a higher level. In the nicest possible way we hope to never see you again.
Congratulations and Good Luck!
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Qatar’s ground control on alert for World Cup disasters
- Where to find Osasuna vs. Sevilla on US TV
- Tottenham’s Premier League title credentials face Chelsea test
- Removing ‘camouflage,’ Brazil football referee comes out
- Wolfsburg’s Kovac returns to Bayern Munich with a point to prove
- Berlusconi’s Monza aiming high ahead of debut Serie A campaign
- Sling is your ticket to the best of PSG starring Messi, Neymar and Mbappe
- FIFA officially advances World Cup by a day for Qatar
- Telemundo World Cup studio talent for Qatar announced
- How Paramount+ can improve its soccer streaming