For your viewing pleasure, above is the video of Juan Agudelo scoring the goal of the year so far in Major League Soccer. Every time there is a story or interview saying Americans should temper their enthusiasm for him and hold off on predicting greatness, he does stuff like this. Enjoy him while you can MLS fans.
Now for the roundup of what else happened this week:
- The Benny Feilhaber drama has ended for now with the midfielder claimed by New England after Chivas and Philadelphia passed on his rights. He was not traded to Houston, as was the rumor, and it looks like Shalrie Joseph will drop to a more holding role to make room for Feilhaber.
- The Chicago Fire are shuffling their lineup again, according to MLSsoccer.com. Can’t say that’s incredibly surprising.
- Coach Wilmer Cabrera has made his call-ups to begin training for the U-17 World Cup in Mexico. These are the type of players where you print out the list, wait four years, then go back and take a second look to judge how good of a team it is, based on where some of the players have gone.
- ESPN as part of their “money” issue of their magazine broke out a list of the top paid U.S. soccer players playing overseas (defined to include players with dual citizenship). The entire list is behind their pay wall, but the top five are not surprising although the order may be: Brad Friedel, Oguchi Onyewu, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, and Giuseppe Rossi. Want to know why Freddy Adu hasn’t returned to the U.S.? He makes close to $900,000 on his current contract.
- And finally, let’s hope the Lamr Hunt U.S. Open Cup winners celebrate more successfully than this.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Liverpool fans confident Reds will bounce back after Champions League setback
- Salah’s Egyptian fans share in his Champions League misery
- UEFA blames ‘fake tickets’ for Champions League final delay
- Courtois earns respect with heroics to thwart Liverpool in Champions League final
- Liverpool will ‘come again’ after anticlimactic end to stellar season
- ‘I can’t do much more’ to win Ballon d’Or – Benzema
- Families of Liverpool staff caught up in Champions League final chaos – Klopp
- ‘Fake tickets’ to blame for Champions League final delay, UEFA say
- Real Madrid win Champions League; Ancelotti breaks record
- Ancelotti keeps calm amid the storm to make Real Madrid champions again