Connect with us

General

Exclusive Interview With John Terry and More Important News

Now that we’re on an international break for the next couple of weeks before we see more Premier League action, I wanted to take this time to bring you up-to-speed regarding several important updates.

First, on Thursday, we’ll be publishing an exclusive interview with Chelsea (and now England) captain John Terry on EPL Talk. The one-on-one interview discusses the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifier between England and Wales (this Saturday, 11am ET on ESPN2 in the United States) as well as several other interesting topics including what it’s been like working with David Luiz and Ashley Cole. The interview, conducted by Richard Farley, will be a must-read. Fortunately, EPL Talk was the only U.S. media outlet granted the opportunity to speak with John Terry. If you’re not an EPL Talk Pro member, you missed out on the sneak peek last week.

Second, we’ve added a new feature to EPL Talk which I’m really excited about. In the top right corner of each page, you’ll see the Premier League News video player in the rectangle box. Several times a day the videos are updated with the latest news, interviews and analysis. To enable the sound, just move your mouse over the video player. To get the most out of it, click on the ‘Video browser’ button at the bottom of the video player, and you’ll then be able to flip through the news to see which stories you want to play. Plus, if you click on the ‘Change’ button, you can choose other news channels such as MLS, European soccer, South America, Asia and international.

Third, EPL Talk Pro this week will be launching a feature article written by Jesse Chula about a revolutionary new online soccer game which combines some of the best parts of Football Manager, FIFA 11 and the Write The Future TV commercial from Nike. EPL Talk Pro members will be the first to get an in-depth review of the game. Also, between now and the end of the month, EPL Talk Pro members will have a chance to win a Premier League football shirt, and will get to read, hear and watch contributions from Richard Farley, Laurence McKenna and Kartik Krishnaiyer. For the full details and to learn how you can become a member for just 16 cents per day, visit EPL Talk Pro.

Fourth and finally, Awful Announcing, a website that concentrates on sports commentators and announcers published a two-part interview with me this week. The topics of conversation ranged from ESPN to Fox Soccer Channel and, of course, the Premier League. If you get a chance, read the interview with me on Awful Announcing today (part one and part two).

Thanks for your continued support and loyalty.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
16 Comments

16 Comments

1. Terry

March 24, 2011 at 10:45 am

Thanks gaffer. It works with Google Chrome but not Internet Explorer.

• The Gaffer

March 24, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Thanks Terry. I’ll inform the video company re: IE.

• WHL

March 25, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I don’t see the video browser in Firefox 4 either.

2. Maybee

March 23, 2011 at 11:08 pm

An sad, arrogant, disgraceful knob of a man – and a highly overrated footballer. There is absolutely nothing he could say that I’d want to hear.

• The Gaffer

March 24, 2011 at 6:59 am

Maybee, no one is forcing you to read it, so if you don’t respect the guy, feel free to pass on the chance of reading the interview.

• Maybee

March 24, 2011 at 10:30 am

And I have done just that.

Why is it that when people post things, they get upset people don’t respond to their post, but then also get upset when people respond with something they don’t want to hear? You can’t have it both ways.

My response: thanks for the effort, but there are dozens of people in the football world that I’d rather hear from before this guy. So, I’ll pass.

• The Gaffer

March 24, 2011 at 10:37 am

Maybee, I’m not upset. I was just saying that if you don’t like the guy, don’t read the interview.

• Peter

March 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm

As far I can see Gaffer isn’t upset, Maybee. Your jus being pathetic and arogant by saying that you’re not interested in the John Terry interview so no-one else should be either. Personally i can’t believe that the Gaffer managed to lure such a high profile footballer into an interview. Nice scoop Gaffer, I hope for more of the same.

P.S love the new Video Browser, a very nice feature.

3. WHL

March 23, 2011 at 8:22 pm

John Terry: Over paid piece of crap of a human being. He has nothing to say that I would want to hear.

4. Joe

March 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Is anyone else as thrilled as I am with the sudden surprising appearance of Copa Libertadores games on foxsoccer.tv? I hope this is more than a temporary stop gap with the lack of league games for the next couple of weeks.

5. Terry

March 23, 2011 at 11:50 am

Gaffer wrote: “Second, we’ve added a new feature to EPL Talk which I’m really excited about. In the top right corner of each page, you’ll see the Premier League News video player in the rectangle box”

The only thing I see is text that says to install the latest version of Flash. I do have the latest version of flash. What gives?

• The Gaffer

March 23, 2011 at 11:55 am

What browser are you using? Try a different browser to see if that helps. It works for me.

6. Phenoum

March 23, 2011 at 11:31 am

Lol John Terry Exclusive interview – who in the world wants to hear what this oaf has to say?
    😛

• Simon Burke

March 23, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Agreed 🙂 Can we move that solely to the Pro section? 🙂

nice work Gaffer on the video widget. Football365.com did that a while back and its nice to have it here as well. Very nice.

7. Guy

March 23, 2011 at 9:29 am

The Video Browser is a great addition, Gaffer. Thanks! 🙂

8. Matt

March 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

Great article. I don’t know what I would do without EPL Talk. I check it first before any other site. I print out the EPL tv schedule and set the DVR accordingly each week. Keep up the good work!!!!!!