Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Sunderland Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Revealed (Photo)

sunderland-home-shirt-front

Sunderland’s new home shirt for the 2011-12 season has been unveiled by Umbro.

The classic Sunderland strip, featuring the red and white stripes, is accentuated by a black V-neck and black cuffs. This makes for a markedly different appearance for the home Sunderland jersey. The current one features a red trim instead of black (i.e. a red collar and red trim).

What do you think of the new Sunderland home shirt design? Share your critique in the comments section below.

For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
8 Comments

8 Comments

1. T-bone Malone

April 21, 2011 at 11:42 am

I’m so pleased Everton’s shirts are no longer supplied by Umbro. Our last few were very very similar. Such is the same for this offering to Black Cats fans. No huge difference to the current season. I’d be disappointed.

2. Newton

April 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm

As a NUFC fan I hate to say it but thats a really smart strip. Shame its wasted on that lot….

3. Allen

March 21, 2011 at 12:15 am

Just an observation:

Is it just me, or do kits sporting V-neck style collars rip far too easily. I know a friend who owned two LPool home shirts from two seasons ago and both v-neck collars ripped. I have this season’s Chelsea home and I daresay if I were to take it off too quickly, my investment would be torn. Dunno if Umbro have reinforced this collar, but this is just an observation.

4. Nick

March 20, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Not a Sunderland supporter but I like the kit a lot, definitely digging the black collar and cuffs, if the back is as nice than the Sunderland supporters should be pleased

5. Salifu Junior

March 20, 2011 at 1:13 pm

This new design is cool. And like brn442 said, it would have been great to show us the back. I hope it brings with it good luck for the guys who are playing very good games this season(my opinion)

6. brn442

March 20, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Perfect shirt – from the front. Gaffer – you should have shown pics of the back – that’s where the potential problems start.

• The Gaffer

March 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm

No official images of the back of the shirt have been released, but I’ll keep my eye out for them.

7. MG

March 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Personally speaking, the more plain and vintage looking, the better. It looks great.