It feels like Christmas Eve tonight. Tomorrow morning, we’ll wake up and there’ll be several presents waiting for us. We have an idea what they’ll be, but we won’t know for sure until we rip off the wrapping.
I am, of course, talking about tomorrow morning’s draw for the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League. Whether you support one of the eight teams or not, you’ll want to know who will be paired up with who. This year, especially, the teams in the final eight are especially mouthwatering, namely Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Inter Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk, Schalke and Manchester United.
Out of those teams mentioned above, which ones would you like to see matched against each other? And who would you like your team to avoid?
As a neutral fan who doesn’t support a Premier League team, I’d love to see all three English takes qualify for the semi-final. So, a Barcelona against Real Madrid match would be a brilliant way to ensure that one of the Spanish teams falls on the sword, as well as ensuring it would be a brilliant two-legged contest. I’d love to see Tottenham Hotspur continue its herculean run in the tournament by qualifying for the semi-finals, but I’d hate to see them matched up against Inter Milan again. Been there, done that. So, if Spurs could get Schalke, that would be ideal. That would leave Chelsea facing a tricky two games against Shakhtar Donetsk, while Manchester United would face Inter Milan.
Of course, I could be totally wrong. And that’s what is wonderful about this stage of the tournament. Depending on what balls are pulled out of the hat tomorrow morning, everything could change. Whatever happens, we’ll love every minute of it.
Not only that, but tomorrow we’ll find out what the path will be to the final. We’ll know which teams will have a chance of playing in which semi-final. So, by the process of elimination, we’ll be able to guess who will face who in the semi-final, as well as marveling at the prospect of who will play in the final.
The draw for the round of 8 in the UEFA Champions League will begin tomorrow at 7am ET. Be sure to join EPL Talk for a special update where we’ll be posting all of the news as soon as the balls are pulled out of the hat. These draw events are always filled with a lot of pomposity, so by the time they’ll get to the actual draw, you’ll be very anxious. As will I. See you on the homepage tomorrow morning! And don’t forget to post who you want to see picked to play who. Just post it in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache
- Mbappe set to snub Real Madrid and stay at PSG
- Rangers win Scottish Cup to erase Europa League heartache
- Kaizer Chiefs draw and miss out on Africa next season
- La Liga president calls Mbappe PSG deal ‘insult to football’
- Mbappe chooses to stay at PSG in Real snub: reports
- Man City’s De Bruyne voted Premier League Player of the season
- Arsenal, Dortmund, Real Madrid, City and Juve kits for 2022/23
- Man City’s Foden voted Premier League Young Player of the season