Connect with us

General

Special 1 TV Jumps The Shark: Video

We here at EPL Talk headquarters are massive fans of Special 1 TV. It’s one of the things I know I look forward to on Fridays. But in their latest episode, entitled “Two Becomes Three,” they have in my opinion jumped the shark.

Without giving anything away, take a look at the video and let me know if you agree or not in the comments section below.

The jury is still out to see where this leads the show, but I believe Sven is a million times funnier than you-know-who.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
33 Comments

33 Comments

1. Keith

March 6, 2011 at 5:58 am

I know he has nothing to do with the Premier League or the FA but I wanted former French coach Raymond Domenech. Think of all the jokes with the French National team and the 2010 World Cup.

If it had to be an England connected player/manager I’d have loved it to be Karen Brady or one of the David’s. Mike Ashley comes in after that.

2. Simon

March 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Holloway would have been good but i think this has a chance to be funney with the Voyeur wear you could see Special1 and the Voyeur having a go at each other but at some point i think that will get old.

3. Maybee

March 5, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I think the new signing is perfection. The show needed some new life breathed into it, and this could be just the thing. Sven’s not even a PL manager. He manages a team in the Championship that no one follows (sorry, Leicester City fans). How long can jokes about being stupid, “pimping” himself, and Jose telling him to shut up remain funny?

I think worlds of hilarious comedy gold await with Jose and the Voyeur. Let’s watch and see.

4. Nick

March 5, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Should have brought on Ameobi.

• Maybee

March 5, 2011 at 3:18 pm

We haven’t heard from David in Newcastle in forever. He’s my favorite.

5. Yorkie

March 5, 2011 at 4:18 am

LOL! I can’t wait for the Voyer! Should be quite interesting.

6. Mark

March 5, 2011 at 2:05 am

Flippin’ ‘eck I was hopin’ for someone from the bottom of the table.

7. BA14

March 5, 2011 at 12:39 am

I get a kick out of rooney.

• canyid

March 5, 2011 at 7:54 am

I get an elbow.

8. Andrew Puopolo

March 4, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Shoulda been El Hajdi Diouf.

That would have brought some humor

9. jmansor

March 4, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Sven has and will come back. There is too much material with his pimpin’, embarrassing real life fiascos and his love for the David. As you probably surmised that building a puppet for Wenger means he will get lots of screen time to justify the expense. Or maybe BBC has opened the purse strings…

10. King Eric

March 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm

they should have a sven/voyeur duel or debate like they did between jose and cabbage.

11. El Tri 2014

March 4, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Why stick with managers? Would have loved to seen Carlos “Where the Wild Things Are” Tevez.

Be Champions!

12. ThompsonLives

March 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Shut up, Gaffer.

• The Gaffer

March 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Drat! You beat me to it!

13. canyid

March 4, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I had secret hopes for Holloway, but I don’t think he’s ‘big’ enough.

14. tonyspeed

March 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm

The only problem is there’s only so much a two-bit coach can bring to the show. Most of the humour that came from Sven was because he was basically treated like a moron and he acted like one as well. He wasn’t any good because of being Sven, but because he was easy to make fun of.

15. John Smith

March 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm

This promises to be awesome! Why do you think this is jumping the shark?

• The Gaffer

March 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm

John, my opinion is that the show has hit its peak and that the only way is down now. I don’t see how The Voyeur is going to add anything. He’s annoyingly funny on the phone, but he’s not as animated as Sven is. But let’s see what Special 1 TV comes up with to build on the character.

• John Smith

March 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. We’ll just have to wait and watch if you’re right (I hope not!).

16. jonathan

March 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm

i don’t think so, the game of the world is so huge that they have miles to cover before they have to worry about ‘jumping the shark’ just my opinion.

17. Ocko70

March 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I was thinking that it would be King Kenny…but The Voyeur will do nicely. They have done a lot with him over the years so Kenny might have freshed things up a bit plus he’s pretty funny IRL.

I think that this will keep them from jumping the stark!

(Gaffer: don’t feed the trolls)

18. MilotiNY

March 4, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Pretty good stuff. I thought it would be Rafa Benites. But the Voyeur? He’s pretty good. Should be fun.

19. Badger

March 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Hilarious. Not the video ,but accusing them of jumping the shark.
    This from the blog that jumped the shark a long time ago.
    Almost as funny as expecting anyone to pay !

• The Gaffer

March 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Badger/Ringo, when did we jump the shark? We’re still providing our daily news and analysis since we’ve been doing since 2005.

• Jason Gatties

March 5, 2011 at 7:31 am

Just let him have his say. I hate when blog site owners get their short hairs in a bunch over an opinion in the comments section. The dumbass keeps visiting right? Thats hits for you. Who gives a crap?

• The Gaffer

March 5, 2011 at 7:37 am

Jason, what’s wrong with asking the question? I give a crap because I want to find out why he thinks that. Asking a question does not equal getting “my short hairs in a bunch.”

• Badger

March 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Gaffer – I apologise.
            Reading that comment back it was a bit harsh and I wish I hadn’t made it.
            It’s not one thing or another I just think the site was better a few years ago.
            But I will admit that when it comes to N.American TV and internet coverage you do it better than anywhere else,
            Good luck in the future.

20. MrTuktoyaktuk

March 4, 2011 at 1:08 pm

As much as I love IT, he really isn’t au courant anymore. As for the other guy, let’s see how it goes. It is a big signing, I would expect no less from the Special1.

21. usry723

March 4, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Hahaha. I wasn’t expecting that for some reason. I love it. i was expecting it to be Obama or something dumb. I have to say that the show hasn’t been the same since IOSS died but I love the addition of The Voyeur!

22. jb

March 4, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I’m intrigued to see where this goes actually

23. tonyspeed