Connect with us

General

Special 1 TV: Act Of God (Video)

Special 1 TV is back after another eventful week featuring The Boy’s wonder goal against Manchester City, Gattuso headbutting Joe Jordan and The Special One making a secret appearance at Craven Cottage. At the same time, the controversy regarding Sven getting sacked from Special 1 TV rages on.

Be champions!

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Brandon

February 19, 2011 at 2:01 am

Firefox and Adblock plus are your friends.

2. Dan

February 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Dear Gaffer.

I like your website. I like the videos. I like the American perspective of British football. However, what is really turning me away from EPLTalk is the constant recurrence of ‘Interactive Adverts’. They are unstoppable and impossible to mute, which makes watching this probably decent video futile in the face of the inane laxative selling jingle currently playing at full volume. I understand you require ad revenue, but this type of marketing is making me reconsider visiting the site in future, and making me more frustrated every time I try and read a well written article, only to be told how I can shit easier, stop my skin from drying out and cure a sore throat.

• The Gaffer

February 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Dan, thanks for the feedback. I’ve received a couple of other similar complaints too. I contacted the ad agency two days ago and requested that they stop those ads from being displayed. Hopefully they’ll be removed soon.

• soonerscotty

February 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm

You cannot mute the ads themselves but, you can mute your computer’s speakers. Simple fix really.

• Dan

February 18, 2011 at 7:31 pm

If I was to mute the speakers then listening to the video’s would be difficult when 10 seconds in an advert comes over it. I’ve seen the same adverts on other sites, but they have a mute function, it’s just strange that the ads here don’t! Like I say, I’m glad the site is going strong and ads obviously help out. Cheers to the Gaffer for listening to the feedback, keep on finding interesting footy vids so we don’t have to.

• [OPTI]Madschester United

February 18, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Use AdBlock or something similar with your browser… works like a charm – faster page loads and no annoying ads!

• Earl Reed

February 18, 2011 at 8:42 pm

The other option would be to open it up in Youtube with that button at the bottom of the video insert. But hopefully Gaffer’s got things moving in the right direction.

3. [OPTI]Madschester United

February 18, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Hilarious! Is this real life… I want to ride my bicycle, and is this real life!

Be champions!

4. Tony

February 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I thought this was a great episode, I’ve felt it’s been repetitive recently but there was some LOL moments in this.

• The Gaffer

February 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I agree. The hidden camera in the dressing room during half-time at Old Trafford was hilarious!

• ThompsonLives