Connect with us

General

United Road: Listen To Man United’s New Anthem

Manchester United will play a brand-new song as their pre-match anthem tomorrow before the game against Manchester City at Old Trafford.

The new anthem entitled “United Road” is by The World Red Army Featuring Richie and was written by Will Robinson & Daniel Ryan.

While I’m not a Manchester United supporter, I find the song pretty stirring. What do you think? Share your opinion in the comments section below.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
24 Comments

24 Comments

1. Eddie

February 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm

This is really really poor, sounds like a theme tune to some early 80ies Saturday night TV talent show.

The lyrics are embarrassing and the guy can’t sing. The mix is amateur and only a complete amateur would come up with that terrible “Ferguson” shout.

Absolutely awful.

2. Ryan M.

February 13, 2011 at 10:58 am

YNWA > United Road

I can’t make the “>” any bigger, just imagine it the size of…oh, I don’t know…Rooney’s big bald head.

3. Bob

February 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Sounds very reality TV, who picked this crap. Very dull uninspiring and seems to have only a few words in it. Not much imagination used for this.
    Sorry pull the plug and wash it down the drain.

4. tnelson

February 12, 2011 at 3:54 am

im sorry united fans, i guess this is yalls new anthem, but this is the worst song i have ever heard, and believe me ive heard some bad shit before. but honestly, that was so bad its actually painful

5. C Dub

February 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Really?? I cant believe anyone would play crap like this.

6. C Dub

February 11, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I just threw-up a little bit in my mouth. Id rather slit my wrists than listen to crap like that!! Oooooofffff!

7. Boye

February 11, 2011 at 11:04 pm

It’s things like this that make me proud to be a Liverpool fan.

8. SeminoleGunner

February 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm

As a big fan of American college football, it always amused me to hear United supporters belting out the same song as West Virginia Mountaineers fans (a group of hillbillies that is probably best known for setting old couches on fire to celebrate a landmark victory).

• The Gaffer

February 12, 2011 at 5:23 am

Seminole, but aren’t many of the West Virginia residents descendants of people from mining towns in England and Wales?

9. Hawkman

February 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm

It’s garbage. It worse than a poor knock off of John Denver’s Country Roads. This song neither inspires or excites me. This blarring through Old Trafford is only likely to make fans flee in search of a mediocre meatpie. What are they thinking? And yes, I’m a United Supporter.

10. Ardwikian

February 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Just consulted the AtoZ street map of Manchester and lo and behold,their is no united rd listed,but look up stretford and well you know the outcome.

11. Darcie

February 11, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Why do they insist on changing our anthem to this tripe?
    as far as i’m concerned, our anthem isn’t even Glory, Glory.. it’s This Is The One by Stone Roses.
    Always will be.
    This wouldn’t motivate me to breathe never mind spurr my team on to victory.

12. Jayant

February 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm

If we play THIS before the game, we might as well just surrender. OLD is really GOLD. Give me “Glory, glory Man United.” – INDIASPEAK

13. Bishopville Red

February 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I preferred “This Is The One” by Stone Roses.

14. somervillain

February 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Ugh. I thought these sorts of awful songs went out with the 80s. It sounds like what someone would come up with if they were lampooning this sort of thing for a Christropher Guest film.

• Mizzy

February 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Wow.

If that was my team’s “anthem” i’d find a new team, or a new sport.

They’re lucky they had the good sense to add “Richie” to the track. Who knows where they’d be without him.

• Mizzy

February 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I loved the Christopher Guest bit, that pretty much sums it up.

• RON

February 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I THINK ITS ACE

15. Legend11

February 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I really hope this is not going to be sung before the derby. The song sung before the derby should be about how Rafael will kick Tevez’s a@@!

16. Ken

February 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I think it’s ok. I liked the earlier version of United road. I hope they don’t think this is a replacement of it though. I think it does have some good spots though.

17. Jimz

February 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Forced Tradition for a lazy supporters group. Just what they need.

The PA plays Glory Glory Man United, They don;t even have enough supporters to start it by themselves.

• Nick

February 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Yeah, I mean, when I think of Man United the first thing I think of is “no support”. Obviously

18. Steve

February 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm

That gets me pumped up to do some arts and crafts and drink tea.

Oh, they’re playing this before football matches? Awful.

19. Kevin

February 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Ugh sounds like a queen song to me…