Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Poll: Who Will Win, Man United or Man City?

Saturday’s early kick-off between Manchester United and Manchester City is being billed as The Most Expensive Game In History:

According to analyst estimates, team statements and media reports, the players on the field and on the two benches in the Manchester Derby will have cost their teams roughly $850 million to acquire, or about as much as NASA spent to refurbish the Hubble Telescope.

Gulp! Money aside, there’s plenty to look forward to regarding what happens on the pitch. But who will win it? Vote in the poll below and share your opinion in the comments section underneath.

[polldaddy poll=4538944]

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
15 Comments

15 Comments

1. BBC

February 12, 2011 at 1:33 am

Can’t sleep. . . already feel like throwin’ up. There’s so many ways this game ends up in a draw and both sides would be happy with it . . . .so it’s gotta be a draw.

2. Jason

February 11, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I see goals in this game. United at home always score and I expect that to continue. City play better away from home and with Smalling playing at center back with Vidic I can see City scoring. I’m going for a 3-2 scoreline for the home side. A draw doesn’t help either team. United have two tough back to back away fixtures to Chelsea and Liverpool in early March so they cannot afford to lose points at home and give Arsenal and City any opening.

3. [OPTI]Madschester United

February 11, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I see a defensive affair. Likely 1-0 or 2-1 Utd (since they are at home). A record of 12-1-0 does not come cheap and City have been a bit tupsy-turvy in their last couple away matches.

I can also see a penalty or red card swing the game in Utd favor… maybe De Jong with a karate kick 🙂

4. Richard the Manc

February 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm

When I was young lad growing up, my older brother used to beat the piss out of me in table tennis every chance he got. It was so frustrating. I would keep going back for the stick and abuse. Until one day I beat him and he never bested me again. I fear that this might be the course for my beloved United. We’ve got to keep our boots on their throats for as long as possible. I am DVRing the match and I’m taking my dog to the park. It’s become too stressful for me to watch. That being said…United 2 City 1.

• Richard the Manc

February 13, 2011 at 6:47 am

*clears throat*

5. KarlthewonderYak

February 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Really? People actually belive that a Man U team that just lost their first game last week(which was away) will outright lose to a City. I’m looking for a game with a late goal from Man U that may lead to a booty kicking. If that dosen’t happen we’re looking at a 0-0 draw.

6. DGS

February 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Mancini parks the bus, plays a 10-0-1 with Tevez by himself, I kick myself for waking up early for this…

• The Gaffer

February 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I see at least a goal in this game. With Ferdinand and Evans out, I’ll be surprised if van der Sar keeps a clean sheet especially the way United is playing this season.

7. Aubrey

February 11, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Through all of this conversation, exciting as it may be, no one has mentioned todays momentous Olympic Stadium decision given to the Hammers.

P.S. Unfortunately, I think tomorrow may be as much of a letdown as Liverpool vs Chelsea (with the exception of L’pool taking three points).

• The Gaffer

February 11, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Aubrey, we have a post about the Olympic Stadium scheduled for publication tomorrow morning.

• Aubrey

February 11, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Wonderful news. The only other positive would be a win against the Baggies tomorrow. Look forward to the publication.

Cheers

8. Legend11

February 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Hey noisy neighbours – Shut the f**k up!

9. Andyb

February 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm

no-one will. It’ll be a 0-0 bore draw.

• Joe

February 11, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I completely agree. Every time the EPL tries to get me excited about one of these “big games” I feel completely duped by the boring outcome. Frankly, I was stunned Liverpool managed to score against Chelsea last weekend – more typical and more true to the flow of that game would’ve been yet another 0-0.

• Jared

February 12, 2011 at 4:50 am

Definitely 0-0 draw. Mancini can’t let go of his terrible catenaccio roots when he goes up against other top sides. He parks the bus more than Mourinho against Barca last season.