Connect with us

General

Arsenal Home Shirt for 2011-12 Season: Leaked Photo

A photograph of Arsenal’s home shirt for the 2011-12 season has been leaked on the Internet.

The new Arsenal home shirt features a design that is similar to the current 2010-11 one, but the most prominent new feature is a wreath around the Arsenal crest. Also noticeable is that the sleeves are white with no red trim apparent. Meanwhile, the collar on the shirt is red instead of the current white color.

Personally I think the design is too similar to the current shirt except for the wreath. But since the wreath marks the 125th year anniversary of Arsenal, it has a deeper meaning and therefore will be a prized possession among many Arsenal supporters.

Arsenal was founded in 1886 as Dial Square FC by workers at the Woolwich armaments factory in London, south of the River Thames. The club’s first crest (pictured) was created in 1888 and featured three cannons with a wreath around the edges. It’s thus a fitting tribute to have the wreath motif adorned on the Arsenal home shirt for the 2011-2012 Premier League season.

For the largest selection of Premier League shirts for all 20 clubs, visit the EPL Talk Shop.

What do you think of Arsenal’s new home shirt for next season, if the photograph is in fact the approved design? Share your opinion in the comments section below.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
24 Comments

24 Comments

1. Christopher Lloyd

April 13, 2011 at 9:26 am

it’s a good looking arsenal shirt! will look good in 2011 2012 season!

2. Kev Morby

April 12, 2011 at 6:10 am

Hi everyone, more Nike s**t. Isn’t about time we had some decent kit? Adidas or Umbro maybe instead of the tissue paper Nike rubbish.

3. mgc

April 1, 2011 at 2:33 am

of all the nike EPL kits, year in and year out I can’t help but love Arsenals. They are always right on the money with the color choice. I guess it helps that their original kit years ago was a legit shirt. The only shirt I questioned at first was last seasons but even that grew on me. This shirt, although a lot like this season’s shirt, is awesome. ESPECIALLY with the wreath. pure and simple. clean.

4. Chris

January 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

Ive also seen the picture of the away jersey (or maybe third)
    it will be black with some orange stuff under the arms.

• Attila

March 14, 2011 at 7:29 am

Ohh could you post it?

5. Jerm Deeks

January 6, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Do you also write for altweet.com? Because if not, you probably need to see this page: http://football.altweet.com/2010/12/arsenal-home-shirt-for-2011-12-season.html

It’s pretty much a copy and paste of this (presumably from before you updated this article), including the “related posts” section (except without actual links)…

• The Gaffer

January 6, 2011 at 7:45 pm

JW, yep we’re aware of it but thanks for bringing it to my attention. They’re scraping the content off our site without our permission. It’s one of the reasons I’m contemplating changing the RSS feed to being just an excerpt of the story rather than the entire post itself because too many sites rip off my content.

6. Mass

December 30, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I heard the Nike deal was up at the end of the season? So we are continuing with them I take it?

7. John Gregory

December 30, 2010 at 3:53 pm

So if a club changes its shirt design too much, it’s terrible-but now you say this shirt is bad because it’s not changed ENOUGH? Seriously?

8. Arsenalisto

December 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm

King gooner, if a v-neck is added then the wreaths will not be so presentable and there will maybe be a little defect in symmetry of the shirt, just try to imagine it, I love the v-neck and gold string from 07-08 but not with the added wreaths, there will too much going on in its front, just my opinion.

9. Sibu

December 30, 2010 at 11:53 am

Looks awesome! Will mos def get this for myself and my by then 3yr old son for his June 1 birthday nex year! Gooner frm South Africa

10. Tom, Romford

December 30, 2010 at 11:35 am

It will not be long before this shirt is manufactured by some crafty seller. Remember the certainty of the ‘new’ Green Shirt last season as the new away shirt. Some mugs believed the rumours and bought them ………………….. well it gave the rest of us a laugh!

11. king gooner

December 30, 2010 at 10:02 am

looks fine-but imo would add a white v neck or red trim to end of sleeves-does not need much tweaking as current shirt is very arsenal like & it looks similar..

• Martin

December 30, 2010 at 10:05 am

A little more detailing like you said and this shirt will be good to go.

12. brn442

December 29, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Gaffer, I will disagree with you about keeping a similar design, this season’s shirt has been the best for ages, considering all the cynical reasons used by club and kit sponsors these days to bring in new shirts, it would be nice if they did indeed keep a similar template. Not that the club cares but that will be great for the punters that already bought this season’s shirt.

13. Bob

December 29, 2010 at 9:18 pm

The wreath looks pretty much like from Woolwich Arsenal’s crest. With the modern crest where the 3 vertical cannons are. I think this is still prototype i believe they might tweak quite abit before settling on the final product.

• The Gaffer

December 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Good point Bob. I did some research and found out that the wreath was created for Dial Square FC, the original Arsenal before they became Royal Arsenal and later Woolwich Arsenal.

I’ve added a photo of the original crest to the article above.

14. Martin

December 29, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Well, I now know to hold off purchasing my first Arsenal shirt! The 2011/12 shirt with long sleeves will be sweet (c) Jay-Z

15. budi

December 29, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I think it will look better if they make it sleeveless

16. Feehily

December 29, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that that will not be the shirt for next season… Remember that!

• The Gaffer

December 29, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Feehily, we will, we will 🙂

Seriously though, out of all of pictures we leaked last season of the new jerseys for this season, I think there was only one which ended up being a fake. Everything else ended up being the real deal, so the track record is good.

• Ronald Perkinfeather

May 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

ahahahah feehily, i thought you were right tbh because they have been reluctant to change the badge recently but your wrong! http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/h23980a/&bklist=

17. Tom Clarke

December 29, 2010 at 5:48 pm

It’s Arsenal’s 125th anniversary next year. That’s what the wreath’s for.

• The Gaffer

December 29, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Tom. I appreciate it. I’ve updated the article to reflect the information.