Connect with us

General

Fox Soccer iPhone App Subscription Now Free for FoxSoccer.tv Customers

Fox Soccer Channel has released a new version of its Fox Soccer iPhone App. Version 1.1 of its Fox Soccer iPhone App now allows those who have access to the FoxSoccer.tv broadband subscription to view live games and watch video highlights on the mobile phone. Previously, FoxSoccer.tv subscribers had to pay $7.99/month for a Fox Soccer iPhone App subscription in addition to their $15/month subscription to FoxSoccer.tv.

The news will come as welcome relief for many soccer fans in the United States who were upset at Fox Soccer Channel for charging FoxSoccer.tv customers an additional fee to use the FoxSoccer.tv app which streams live the Premier League and Champions League games shown on FoxSoccer.tv. Forty nine percent of the people voted for the app on iTunes rated it one star out of five, and it’s clear by browsing through the comments to see how the price issue was so instrumental in the poor ratings. Now, with FoxSoccer.tv customers able to access live streaming of matches on the iPhone app, it significantly increases the value of the $15/month subscription.

To access the Fox Soccer iPhone App, download it from iTunes and if you’re a FoxSoccer.tv subscriber, you can log in using your username and password.

The Fox Soccer iPhone App is still available at $7.99/month for those who don’t have a FoxSoccer.tv subscription.

If you’re considering the app, read the Fox Soccer iPhone App product review.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
29 Comments

29 Comments

1. Hanno

March 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Can someone please please please email me the .ipa file to install this app? I live in Australia and can’t get it

2. Iama Wum

January 4, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Balls. My foxsoccer.tv login won’t work with app either. WTF

• The Gaffer

January 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Iama, I just logged in and it’s working fine for me.

• Joe

January 4, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Mine started to work later that same night after I complained of it not working. Maybe it just needs a bit of time to calibrate after you first sign up?

3. Joe

December 28, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Guess what?

I signed up for foxsoccer.tv after reading this article, and lo and behold, the iphone app is still requiring a separate subscription.

Just received this email from fox soccer technical support:
    The iphone app is free to sign up to, but you have the monthly charges afterwards

Best Regards

Web Support

I don’t know what the situation is, but I’d suggest that anyone who was thinking of signing up WAIT. This “article” by the Gaffer is looking bogus at the moment, I’m sorry to say.

• The Gaffer

December 28, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Joe, the app is free to download. But if you want to watch any live games or video highlights, you either need a $7.99/month subscription or, if you’re a FoxSoccer.tv subscriber (at $15/month), you can log on with those credentials and use the iPhone app to the fullest.

I logged on using my FoxSoccer.tv login information both on Sunday and today, and watched live games with no problems.

• Joe

December 28, 2010 at 10:06 pm

This is what I’m saying Gaffer. I downloaded the app to my iPod touch, and when I input my credentials (the same credentials I used for my foxsoccer.tv account), it wouldn’t accept them. When I emailed fox soccer to complain, they said that I needed a separate account to use the iPhone app.

• The Gaffer

December 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

You may want to contact Fox’s customer support again tomorrow and hopefully someone else will be able to respond. If you still get the same answer back, e-mail me privately at thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com and I’ll have someone at Fox look into it for you. It should work with your FoxSoccer.tv login.

4. Ramesh

December 27, 2010 at 12:45 am

This is all great and all but what about people like me who paid a super premium for both services? I paid approximately $154 with tax for Foxsoccer.tv & 79.99 (one time fee) for the iPhone app. I prefer paying all at once instead of monthly charges. I sure hope there is some sort of credit/refund program for customers in my situation.

• Go red

December 29, 2010 at 9:37 am

I think you can just login with you foxsoccer.tv user, even if you bought the 12month subscription.

5. Jeff

December 26, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Can you go back and watch replays of games or can you only watch live games and then highlights?

Heard this was coming a while back. It only makes sense. Also think the people that pay the monthly fee for Fox Soccer Plus should have access to the online and app but I heard that is not coming anytime soon.

that doesn’t matter for me since I can’t get Fox Soccer Plus.

• The Gaffer

December 26, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Jeff, the entire 90 minutes of matches are available on replay.

• Jeff

December 26, 2010 at 10:21 pm

What section would I find the replays in? I’m having trouble finding anything but highlights of the games.

• The Gaffer

December 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Jeff, for FoxSoccer.tv? They would be at http://www.beta.foxsoccer.tv/page/CatchUp

There are different tabs to choose between full highlights and highlights.

• Jeff

December 27, 2010 at 10:33 am

I’m talking about the iPhone app? Can you watch replays or only live games and highlights?

• The Gaffer

December 27, 2010 at 10:57 am

On the iPhone app, you can watch the games live, but not on replay. But you can see the highlights from the games if you missed the live match.

• Jeff

December 27, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Thanks Gaffer

• Joe

January 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Something that annoys me about the app is that when you sign in to see the live feed of a game, you automatically see the other scores of any games happening when you look at the games list. I am still planning to watch Man U – Stoke later tonight, but am annoyed to know that Man U goes up 1-0 because of this feature of the app.

• brn442

January 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm

And I’m annoyed that you said the score, as I was planning to watch the match later tonight, cheers

• Joe

January 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm

D’oh!!! Well, at least neither of us know the final, right?

….Right?

• The Gaffer

January 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I agree Joe. The app is far from perfect. I usually try to keep one eye half open and the other one closed as I scroll down the games that I want to watch so I don’t see the scores of the other matches in progress. Despite that, I do love how quickly the goal highlights are available to watch after each game is over, which saves so much time if I just want to see the highlights.

6. jmansor

December 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Ugh, I just dropped by FoxSoccer.tv subscription because I couldn’t get it to work on my Mac. Frustrating it works on iPhones but not Mac computers.

• The Gaffer

December 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm

John, you may want to check with their support team if you haven’t done so already. I use a MacBook and it works with no problem.

• jmansor

December 26, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Thanks I wondered if it was working for anyone else. I might try again. I kept telling them I am using OS X and Safari and they kept responding about making changes in Internet Explorer.

• The Gaffer

December 26, 2010 at 6:55 pm

You may want to try Firefox or Google Chrome to see if it makes any difference. If that doesn’t work, I would recommend e-mailing the support team at FoxSoccer.tv again to give them another try to problem solve it.

7. Gary

December 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm

To: the gaffer or any epltalk commentator. Can you post a list of the dates and times of those matches that have been rescheduled due to weather in the last few weeks? That would be awesome.
    Merry Christmas! COYS!

• The Gaffer

December 27, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Sorry Gary, but the Premier League won’t allow me to publish the schedule unless I’m willing to pay over $1,000 a season. Your best bet is to check out the schedule on the premierleague.com website.

8. go red

December 26, 2010 at 2:07 pm

i have to say that after venting my frustration on the previous version of the app, this bundle really makes it worth while. just caught live newcastle v man city, while pausing to catch highlights from man u v sunderland. all from the living room on family visit… merry christmas!

9. brn442

December 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Merry Christmas indeed. So it took these geniuses a couple of months to figure out that a free app is an asset to increasing their subscription base.