Hannover’s super-sub, Mike Hanke, has completed a transfer to relegation-threatened Gladbach, and will join the club as they resume training throughout the winter break.
Hanke has been in encouraging form this season, with three goals in seven short substitute appearances. Despite his goals, Hanke was not getting the kind of game time his form warrants, so a move, even to Gladbach, was going to be in his best interests. Hanke spoke to the press about his stint at Wolfsburg, and how that experience will help him succeed at Gladbach:
“I’ve previously battled against relegation when I was under contract with Wolfsburg. I know what’s needed in this situation. I’ve never dropped before and I’m planning to keep it that way.”
Gladbach fans will hope Hanke can boost the side and lift them to safety, although at the moment that’s looking a bridge too far. Still, with half of the season left, anything is possible. Hanke will be a welcome addition at Gladbach, and he will definitely bolster his new side’s attacking options.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season