The year 2010 has featured so many brilliantly produced viral videos for soccer fans. There has been a lot of garbage too, so we carefully sifted through hundreds of videos from 2010 and picked our 10 favorites which we believe are the best soccer viral videos of 2010.
Many of them are centered around the world, unsurprisingly, but most of the videos stand the test of time.
Sit back and enjoy the following videos:
1. The World’s Reaction to Landon Donovan’s Game Winning Goal.
I still get goosebumps every time I watch this video. And I’ve watched it more than 50 times. The beauty of it is that it captures the joy and, more importantly, the sheer release of pressure and wonderful emotions caused by a solitary goal that meant so much. There are many reasons I love this video but the major one is that it shows how passionate Americans can be about soccer (and their country).
2. Nike Write The Future.
I’ve lost count how many times I saw this on television, but that’s a good thing because the video was crammed down the throats of people around the world and made a triumphant statement that the World Cup was here, whether people liked it or not. The video itself is well produced. There’s so much going on that it takes a few views to catch most of the storylines, but it’s no surprise that Nike created a masterpiece featuring a fusion of music and memorable visuals.
3. Puma Journey Of Football.
This was one video I wish had been played more times on television. The song is incredible and so too is the feel-good factor as young children run down the streets to play and support the game they love.
4. USA v England Lego Soccer.
I’ll never forget the Lego reenactments of key moments in World Cup games. The amount of detail is incredible and this video, in particular, has quite a few memorable moments that we’ll never forget, for different reasons.
5. Chris Kamara Misses Portsmouth Red Card.
Trust Chris Kamara to give us a laugh by being himself. What I love most about this video is that Kamara doesn’t pretend. He’s just telling you the truth and you get a glimpse of what a fun individual he must be. No political correctness. Just plain ‘ol Chris Kamara.
6. 18 Best Goals of World Cup 2010.
World Cup 2010 wasn’t the best one ever, but this clip that features highlights of the 18 best goals from the tournament definitely shows many of the high points.
7. Harry Redknapp “I’m No Wheeler Dealer” (NSFW).
Short, sweet but straight to the point. Tottenham manager tells the Sky Sports reporter exactly what he thinks of his off-hand comment about Redknapp being a wheeler dealer. Mr. Redknapp was not too pleased to say the least.
8. ESPN’s World Cup 2010 Commercial Starring U2.
In the build-up to the 2010 World Cup, ESPN played this commercial on TV over and over again. Each time I watched it, I got goosebumps and I never tired of it. It sums up how important the World Cup is. And the video is helped by a lovely U2 track.
9. Carlos Tevez Stars In Bizarre Pepsi Commercial.
Carlos Tevez stars in a bizarre Pepsi commercial. It’s not polished but there’s definitely a couple of laughs in here.
10. Dear Mr. Hicks.
The video created by Liverpool supporters to show their opposition to Tom Hicks perfectly captured the angst that the Reds felt against the American owner. The timing was perfect and the message was heard loud and clear.
Out of the 10 best soccer viral videos of 2010, which ones were your favorites? And were there any that we missed? If so, share your opinion in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Drama as Mamelodi Sundowns complete South African clean sweep
- Liverpool and Real Madrid’s mouth-watering final kicks-off after delay
- Champions League final kick-off delayed ‘for security reasons’
- Fabinho, Thiago start for Liverpool in Champions League final
- Mbappe’s decision to stay at PSG good for French football: Deschamps
- Tens of thousands of Liverpool fans turn Paris red
- Abramovich says owning Chelsea ‘honour of lifetime’ as sale set for completion
- Western United upset Melbourne City to win A-League final
- Liverpool and Real Madrid ready for mouth-watering Champions League final
- Chelsea sale to Boehly consortium to be completed on Monday