Connect with us

Arsenal

Premier League Saturday, Gameweek 16 Live Blog

DUNNING, UNITED KINGDOM - NOVEMBER 30: People walk through the snow on November 30, 2010 in Dunning, Scotland. United Kingdom. Freezing weather conditions and snow that has created chaos in Scotland and Northern England are moving south to the capital.. (Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images)

Hello All. Please join me back here Saturday from 9:30 am ET/ 2:30 pm UK for a live blog of all the English Premier League games this weekend, including Everton v. Chelsea (10 AM, ESPN2), Arsenal v. Fulham (10 AM, FSC) and Blackpool v. Manchester United (12:30 PM, FSC). Provided, of course, that the snow in England doesn’t have something to say about that.

UPDATE: The snow will have an impact after all. Blackpool’s official website is reporting that the game against United will be postponed. Fox Soccer Channel will be showing Birmingham v. Tottenham at Noon ET. The Blackpool v. United match will likely be the only Barclays Premier League game postponed, though the Scottish Premier League and the Championship have had nearly all matches postponed, including matches at Doncaster, Hull, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth and Sheffield United. To Join the liveblog, click where it says “click here!”

Saturday Live Blog

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
21 Comments

21 Comments

1. MrRichPeoples

December 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Does Fox Soccer Channel and Proactive realize that it isn’t summer anymore?

2. Football Souvenirs

December 5, 2010 at 11:18 am

Full credit to the Premier League for getting all bar one game on, great facililites and infrastructure clearly…..were FIFA not watching?

3. DGS

December 4, 2010 at 11:08 am

I’ll ask a dumb question, if you’ll oblige a EPL rookie…

Related to the cancellation at Blackpool…

The US has several football teams that use domed stadiums. A number of them are even in cities with decent weather: Atlanta, New Orleans. (I live in Atlanta and loathe our dome as a football venue.)

Domes were “it” when stadiums were being built 30 or so years back. Did any English side ever propose building a domed stadium? Did backlash from their supporters shelve those plans?

• Troy

December 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm

That’s a hell of a question. I wish I had an answer for you.

4. King Eric

December 4, 2010 at 11:06 am

after all the a** kissing of espn’s epl coverage this season in comparison to fox’s soccer network on this site, i have to say that i’m enraged right now while watching the chelsea game that they’re announcing all the scores and goal scorers from all of the other matches going on live. as they well know, we can’t watch them all simultaneously and have this great invention called tivo/dvr that allows us to record games we wish to view later. thanks for ruining my saturday espn! as a ‘who are ya designs’ t-shirt says, “friends don’t tell friends footie scores.” zero common sense, cheers!

• soonerscotty

December 4, 2010 at 11:55 am

OMG…get over it folks. It’s the 21st Century…we know everything instantly and footy is no different.

If you don’t like it go back to your 13″ b&w and no games on tv.

Talk about first world problems.

• King Eric

December 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm

that’s the point you daft p*ick, we can choose whether to know instantly or not. if i’m sitting at home watching w/nothing else going on except an hd tv and dvr recording the other matches then i should be able to do that or it defeats the purpose of recording the matches. haven’t ran into this problem until now this season because usually the espn covered matches are the earlier ones before any other matches are live. i rarely see/hear fox soccer do this unless it’s half time and me knowing this allows me to simply switch it off or change the channel. i actually like to enjoy and watch each match…

• soonerscotty

December 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm

way to stay classy there.

• Troy

December 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I’m going to side with scotty here. I’ve lost count of how many times on this website someone has bitched about ESPN telling the scores. Seriously, if it’s that big a deal, there’s a pretty easy solution…record the espn game and watch it last. I just don’t get the whining. As a United fan, I always watch them first, and I usually wait until my friends get out of work so we can all watch it together. It’s pretty ghetto, but when I watch american football on Saturday, to avoid seeing the United score on the ticker, I have a piece of paper taped across the bottom of the tv and I also avoid all facebook and twitter feeds. Yeah, it’s a little extra work, but it’s worth it. It’s called “rolling with the punches”.

• The Gaffer

December 4, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Eric, I’m in the same boat as you are. I don’t enjoy the 10am ET ESPN2 live broadcast of the Premier League on Saturdays because it features too many spoilers, so I have now started watching that match last after I’ve watched all the ones I want to see on FoxSoccer.tv and Fox Soccer Channel first. If it’s a 7:45am ET game, I’ll watch it first. But I’ve been burned too many times this season by watching the 10am ET ESPN2 broadcast.

• King Eric

December 5, 2010 at 10:42 am

ya, if i’d had known then that’s exactly what i would have done. i’ll be sure to do that in the future and watch it last. it’s the american mentality w/sports, just like in the nba/nfl/mlb to have scores flying in from the other matches- which i can understand in their leagues because there are many many more games. the epl only has 10 for the weekend so you’d think they’d exercise a little common sense and courtesy. i guess i forget too because i’m used to the earlier game being broadcasted on espn 2 before all the others, so we normally don’t get the spoiling factor. cheers gaffer.

• David G

December 5, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Actually it’s bad business by ESPN to constantly tell American Soccer fans the scores of the other games. The reason why sports TV Contracts keep going up while TV revenues keep going down is because people still watch sports live. ESPN is basically telling every American Sports fan “DO NOT WATCH THIS PROGRAMMING LIVE!”

Just yesterday was a great example. I would have watched the Chelsea gave live yesterday, and would have stayed for half-time and the commercials that go with it. Since I know that ESPN will tell me and show me (in various places) the scores of the other games while Chelase and Everton was playing, I recorded the game and most certainly did not watch the commercials or half time show 🙁

Nobody but hard core soccer fans are getting up early to watch EPL and if we desperately needed a score we’d know where to get them.

This is an ESPN policy though. Watch a Sports Center and the intro will include “Team A shocks Team B in an overtime thriller…find out how”

5. jose

December 4, 2010 at 7:27 am

always the optimist, i think deuce is going to score against the gunners and the game ends in a tie.

• Evan

December 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

Sounds likely. Fulham are the masters of getting draws.

6. pisspoor

December 4, 2010 at 7:25 am

what did blackpool do with all that promotion money? piss poor excuse for a premier league side. live into now dammit!!!!

7. David G

December 3, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Does any one know if FSC will play another game in place of Man U vs Blackpool? (hopefully Spurs)

• The Gaffer

December 3, 2010 at 11:30 pm

David, Fox Soccer Channel will show Birmingham vs Spurs on delay beginning at Noon ET.

• David G

December 4, 2010 at 1:26 am

@The Gaffer

Thanks! That really makes my day. I have to attend a party at 7pm and would have missed the original 5pm Spurs airing.

8. Tony

December 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I believe Blackpool is the only Prem side with no under soil heating.

• The Gaffer

December 3, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Anyone remember who was the last Premier League side with no under-soil heating? I seem to remember there was a club a few seasons ago that didn’t have it and their matches kept on getting postponed.

• Joel Bick

December 3, 2010 at 4:49 pm

@gaffer Trying to remember exactly..I feel like it was Derby County but could be wrong on that.

@Tony You are right on this. Barry Glendenning predicted this exact scenario on Guardian Football Weekly on Thursday.