After Sunday’s results, the pressure was on Wolfsburg to pick up three points at St. Pauli to keep pace with the rest of the Bundesliga’s big boys. But, as has been the story for Wolfsburg this season, they failed to impress. Elsewhere, Stuttgart were expected to deliver in front of their home fans against Koln, but they shockingly suffered a drab loss.
St. Pauli 1 – 1 VfL Wolfsburg
Markus Thorandt opened the scoring for the hosts just before the half-hour mark, and Edin Dzeko equalized for Wolfsburg early in the second-half. In all fairness, Wolfsburg were extremely lucky to leave Hamburg with anything at all. St. Pauli were far better going forward, and kept things very tight at their end. Wolfsburg, who have some of the most impressive forward players in Europe, only managed a meagre two efforts on goal, and they’re lucky one of those hit the back of the net. Really not the result Wolfsburg would have been looking for, and it seems that’s been the story all season for McClaren’s side.
VfB Stuttgart 0 – 1 FC Koln
Stuttgart are back in the relegation zone after a loss to bottom-three side Koln, who controversially clinched a winner with just minutes left on the clock from the penalty spot. Stuttgart deserved a lot more from the game, but just couldn’t beat Faryd Mondragon – who was restored to the starting line-up – in the FC Koln goal. Lukas Podolski was the man to take the penalty, and in typical German fashion, he easily put it in the back of the net. Now, both sides are even on 11 points which sees them both two points away from Bundesliga safety.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details