The playoff numbers look like this…
|5 year comparison|
|Quarterfinals Totals(both legs)|
|2006||12,736||NA||CHI, COL, CHV, DAL, DCU, HOU, NE, RBNY|
|2007||17,041||33.81%||CHI, CHV, DAL, DCU, HOU, KC, NE, RBNY|
|2008||14,960||-12.22%||CHI, CHV, CLB, HOU, KC, NE, RBNY, RSL|
|2009||20,755||38.74%||CHI, CHV, CLB, HOU, LA, NE, RSL, SEA|
|2010||18,551||-10.62%||CLB, COL, DAL, LA, RBNY, RSL, SJ, SEA|
|2006||21,330||NA||DCU v NE – HOU v COL|
|2007||20,645||-3.21%||NE v CHI – HOU v KC|
|2008||17,348||-15.97%||CLB v CHI – RSL v RBNY|
|2009||23,548||35.74%||LA v HOU – CHI v RSL|
|2010||22,390||-4.92%||LA v FCD – COL v SJ|
|2006||14,455||NA||MLS Cup 2010|
Dallas v Colorado
Sun, Nov 21, 8:30pm(ET)
People in Colorado finally turned out for the Rapids, even in the cold. More than 17,700. A full house at the Home Depot Center saw Dallas dismantle the Galaxy.
The final numbers won’t hold up to last year. 3 of the 5 lowest drawing clubs were in the playoffs this year and the final location, BMO field is a relatively small venue. Speaking of BMO, in addition to no ‘glamour’ teams in the final, the weather could be dicey. Don’t be surprised if the game is listed as a sellout, but with lots of empty seats come game day. That being said, I think the Dallas/Colorado final could make for an excellent match.
|San Jose||0||San Jose Center Line Soccer|
|Los Angeles||0||LA – Official Blog||27,000|
|FC Dallas||3||3rd Degree – Buzz Carrick|
MLS Cup Final
Dallas v Colorado – Sun Nov 21 8:30pm ET – BMO Field, Toronto, ONT, CA
I’ve lived in Toronto. For those of you travelling to the Cup final, bring your woolies.
MLS Throw Ins
|Supporters Shield||MLS Cup||US Open||SuperLiga||Total||Years in MLS|
|Real Salt Lake||0||1||0||0||1||6|
As you can see, I am listing the ‘old San Jose’ accomplishments where they belong(IMO), with the Dynamo. I know the deal was that the Quakes would retain the ‘legacy’ of the original team, but I choose reality, i.e.; the franchise that won the cups resides in Houston.
2011-12 CONCACAF Champions League
- Los Angeles – Supporters’ Shield – Group Stage
- Colorado – MLS Cup Participant: Winner = Group Stage – Loser = Preliminary Stage
- FCD – MLS Cup Participant: Winner = Group Stage – Loser = Preliminary Stage
- Seattle – US Open Cup – Preliminary Stage
2011 NA SuperLiga – If the tourney is held. You just never know.
- Real Salt Lake
- San Jose
- After suffering what some are calling the biggest upset in women’s soccer history, the US Women still have a chance to qualify for the Women’s World Cup. They defeated Costa Rica and now must win a home and home vs Italy to earn a spot in the big dance.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ